[MP1-4578] Crashes after standby. (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This morning MePo resumed to - nowhere: I simply got a black screen. The Windows button brings up the tray bar and MePo Icon is in tray, so I can stop it with Alt-F4.

I believe that something goes wrong in connection with the MusicInfoHandler, which has flooded the log with error Messages upon the machinge entering standby. Not sure if this is the root cause.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.1.zip
      82.2 KB

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Thank you will change my log to debug. I just woke up my htpc and it was working fine without any crash(was sleeping for last 8/9 hours).

One error which is flooding my logs is:

Code:
    [2014-11-15 10:30:33,551] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - GUIWindow: Dispose exception - System.NullReferenceException: De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUICoverFlow.Dispose()
       bij MediaPortal.ExtensionMethods.ObjectMethods.SafeDispose(Object o)
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFacadeControl.Dispose()
       bij MediaPortal.ExtensionMethods.ListExtMethods.Dispose(IList listInterface)
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControlCollection.Dispose()
       bij MediaPortal.ExtensionMethods.ObjectMethods.SafeDispose(Object o)
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIGroup.Dispose()
       bij MediaPortal.ExtensionMethods.ListExtMethods.DisposeAndClearCollection[T](ICollection`1 listInterface)
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Dispose()

No crash so no watchdog zip but here are the logs.

Thank you for V14 what has exactly changed? I will give it a try this weekend.

About the GPU drivers, I'm using newest Nvidia with a GTX 970, the d3d error only shows up sometimes(almost never). Another thing is, to get this error it seems it doesn't really matter if I sleep the pc for 10 minutes or 9 hours.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    The change for V14 is to try to avoid devicelost when suspend / resume code is executed, so hoping that it will be good :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    About loadskin error :
    I remember doing something on my own build for : TvPlugin.TVHome.TvDelayThread()
    But i think it's not causing big error for now :)

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oke great, I'm testing it now. Just did a couple of short sleeps and resumes and it works great. One thing I noticed, one time the mediaportal screen was frozen for about 1 second before it worked again. This was only one time the other tries were working instantly.

Loadskin error shows up about 100 times a day and is flooding my logs but never gives problems, like @HomeY mentioned earlier:) I've reported the imon/minidisplay error which shows up in my logs sometimes in another topic https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/minidisplay-imon-errors-in-logs.128369/ but this also doesn't give any problems.

I will continue testing of V14 and will keep you updated!

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This is exactly the point were you should use option 3 in the WatchDog. It will collect all your logs, including system logs.

I'm not talking about the option in MP config, but the REAL WatchDog.exe tool, so let me explain a bit more.
    • Hit the Windows key so you are on the Tiles menu of windows 8.
    • start typing 'WatchDog' so you activate the search, and start the program when it's found.(Alternatively you can go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal and start WatchDog.exe from there)
    • Select the 3rd option 'Export all currently present logs' and hit Proceed.

This will create the zip on your desktop, without the need for a crash.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This is exactly the point were you should use option 3 in the WatchDog. It will collect all your logs, including system logs.

I'm not talking about the option in MP config, but the REAL WatchDog.exe tool, so let me explain a bit more.

Hit the Windows key so you are on the Tiles menu of windows 8.
    start typing 'WatchDog' so you activate the search, and start the program when it's found.
    (Alternatively you can go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal and start WatchDog from there)
    Select 'Export all currently present logs' and hit Proceed.

oke:) That's much more clear. I knew about the watchdog option after a crash but didn't know about the option to just start watchdog and create a zip of everthing. Thank you for the hint, I will provide a zip next time I have any errors:)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

• Hit the Windows key so you are on the Tiles menu of windows 8.
    • start typing 'WatchDog' so you activate the search, and start the program when it's found.(Alternatively you can go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal and start WatchDog.exe from there)
    • Select the 3rd option 'Export all currently present logs' and hit Proceed.

Maybe we need to add a shortcut of this tool on desktop ? :)
    I know we have it from start menu but maybe it worth to add it to desktop too :)
    Thanks for the hint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom