[MP1-4578] Crashes after standby. (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    This is the tvplugin with loadskin fix (worth to try) not related to this topic but @killer8 if you can try :)

Attachments

• TvPlugin_tvthread_loadskin.zip
      186.9 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe we need to add a shortcut of this tool on desktop ? :)
    Judging from the number of times we all make reference to creating debug logs via Watchdog, this is definitely a good thing to envisage for the 1.10 final. I would not call it Watchdog though but maybe Log-Collector or something similar.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This is the tvplugin with loadskin fix (worth to try) not related to this topic but @killer8 if you can try :)
    Great! This should reduce the number of errors in my log by 80% I think:) Sure I would try, already installed it.

Did some quick testing and got one error in my log:

Code:
    [2014-11-15 12:44:48,187] [Error  ] [RefreshWorker] [ERROR] - LoadSkin: Running on wrong thread - StackTrace: '   bij System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
       bij System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.LoadSkin()
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.AllocResources()
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.DoRestoreSkin()
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.GetWindow(Int32 dwID, Boolean tryRestoreSkin)
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControl.HideControl(Int32 iWindowId, Int32 iControlId)
       bij FanartHandler.FanartSelected.FanartIsNotAvailable(Int32 windowId)
       bij FanartHandler.RefreshWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
       bij System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
       bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
       bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)
       bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(Object o)
       bij System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
       bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       bij System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
       bij System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
       bij System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()'

Regardingn V14 fix, no problems so far:)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep that one comes from FanartHandler.FanartSelected.FanartIsNotAvailable :)
    But hoping the one from TVplugins will not be present :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Maybe we need to add a shortcut of this tool on desktop ? :)
    Judging from the number of times we all make reference to creating debug logs via Watchdog, this is definitely a good thing to envisage for the 1.10 final. I would not call it Watchdog though but maybe Log-Collector or something similar.

Need to ask the internal team for it :) we can let the tool named watchdog but shortcut can be named like we want i.e watchdog_log_grabber/collector lol :)

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oke, will check for that error and report later this weekend. Incase the Tvplugin fix works can you use the same fix for the FanartHandler etc? The error doesn't really matter but I think that will prevent questions from users who don't know the error does nothing have to do with any crashing etc.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Like FH is WIP (based on decompiled source etc.) the fix (if working need to be made into FH code) so i will not made change for now. :)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all. No idea if this is related to the crashes after standby but it was a crash when resuming so I'll put it here just in case it is useful? Error was system out of memory. Running 1.10 pre. Thanks.

Couple of questions I have.. I see alot of errors from TVService that it can't find R:/. In my system this is a ram drive which is recreated at startup (I used the wiki guide to set it all up). It has been working fine for at least all this year (I can't remember when I set it up, probably all last year too!) but now all of a sudden the drive is not created quickly enough. Has something changed that could cause the MePo to try and grab that location earlier than it used to?

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just resumed my HTPC this morning and V14 works just great! No problems here, it also ran fine all day yesterday.

About the loadskin fix for tvplugin provided by @Sebastiii I haven't seen the problem since then, however I've seen another loadskin erorr:

Code:
    [2014-11-15 22:33:35,283] [Error  ] [12       ] [ERROR] - LoadSkin: Running on wrong thread - StackTrace: '   bij System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
       bij System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.LoadSkin()
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.AllocResources()
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Load(String skinFileName)
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.DoRestoreSkin()
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Render(Single timePassed)
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoTopOverlay.PostRender(Single timePassed, Int32 iLayer)
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoTopOverlay.RenderLayer(Single timePassed)
       bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUILayerManager.Render(Single timePassed)
       bij MediaPortalApp.RenderFrame(Single timePassed)
       bij MediaPortal.Player.PlaneScene.InternalPresentImage(Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 arWidth, Int32 arHeight, Boolean isRepaint)
       bij MediaPortal.Player.PlaneScene.PresentImage(Int16 width, Int16 height, Int16 arWidth, Int16 arHeight, UInt32 pTexture, UInt32 pSurface)'

Maybe you have a similair fix for that?

I think the tvplugin loadskin fix just works fine so you can merge it into your production branch I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom