[MP1-4578] Crashes after standby. (2 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Would like to see event manager log (system/app)

For sure the D3D device is not ready (or act like disable or something) so maybe adding 60sec on resume it will be better but not sure.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep the resume from 13:43 seems to be an automatic resume, so no D3D involved :)
    But 18:32 ResumeSuspend failed on D3D.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I really need to know if you can reproduce it easily and if you can do some quick test with different bin :)
    I just read something :

you can use IDirect3DDevice9Ex to create resources in the default pool that won’t be lost on a device reset or device lost condition. In effect, the default resource pool becomes equivalent to the managed resource pool in this situation.

This mean that maybe some old code for XP is not needed for Vista and more :)

I can attach a bin in this way :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Look @ that line :

"Der Anzeigetreiber igfx" reagiert nicht mehr und wurde wiederhergestellt." @ 18:32 (The display driver IGFX "has stopped responding and has recovered.")
    In MP : [2014-11-18 18:32:06,227] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - D3D: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL - presentation parametters might contain an invalid value

That the cause and MP get lost and fucked.
    So now why it happen -> no clue / bad drivers / bad combination of drivers / wrong card / bios or whatever :)
    I'm pretty sure that when D3D failed for you, there is that line in event log.

Now does MP can crash the drivers ? (by for example call that : GUIGraphicsContext.DX9Device.EvictManagedResources();)
    Does combination or apps can crash GPU drivers ?

So for sure, when MP lost D3D, it can't be recovered, i have try to recover it when i try to reproduce the issue with no luck lol.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    So issue can maybe :
    Logmein / teamviewer / vnc when using mirror drivers or something related to display.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Look @ that line :
    "Der Anzeigetreiber igfx" reagiert nicht mehr und wurde wiederhergestellt." @ 18:32 (The display driver IGFX "has stopped responding and has recovered.")
    In MP : [2014-11-18 18:32:06,227] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - D3D: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL - presentation parametters might contain an invalid value.
    I know - but it seems to happen only if MePo is running. And as we know it only happens in connection with Intel Haswell GPUs. A possible solution could be to give us back the option to restart MePo upon resume. Actually I never understood why this was removed.

Could the Watchdog do this automatically?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Also keep in mind that there was an earlier bin that was working quite nicely.
    So what changed? 1.9 --> 1.10 pre and several Seb patch bins[DOUBLEPOST=1416337785][/DOUBLEPOST]
    But i think nothing can be done on MP side, except maybe wait that the crash occurs (During delay is resuming like 60 sec or more).
    I can set the delay to 60s of course - will try 30 first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom