[MP1-4578] Crashes after standby. (2 Viewers)

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yep :) it's to know if guys follow :)
Yep i will add link in first post.

Here is V19, i just notice on my HTPC an issue on recreateswap, if we are on some window like tvhome etc., it can lead to MP staying in loop and then MP is freezed and no responsive on future standby/wakeup, so i was able to reproduce and fix it, i will remove V18.

So @HTPC_Sourcer you can directly try V19 (minimize code in it like V18 but with the new fix).
Nice, will give it a try! About the minimize code, are you going to remove this? Peronally I don't see it minimize but maybe that's because it takes some seconds before I got screen since my receiver is a bit slower with 4k.

Anyway keep up the good work and maybe after 46 pages and 18 versions:eek: we will finally have a rock solid solution again! For me V18 is working great till now as I haven't had any crash since it came out.:)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep if it resume fast we didn't notice it :) so for now I let in and will wait for new result

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It can be related to 'TsBufferExtractor' so sure it was in official release but no clue.

Ok I will update to V19 and use the new TVplugin.dll - if it happens again should I post it here or in the RC 1.109 Pre Forum?

If you that it happen related to this bin, post here and try to compare against default 1.10 Pre :)

@regeszter does 'TsBufferExtractor' is something from you ? :) (i'm not sure and i'm not sure it's based on master code)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Sebastiii ,

V19 + 30s delay test: first resume after few hours of standby led to iGFX driver crash with no recovery. Logs cotain 1.5 MB of useless MusicInfoHandler error messages, which I need to clean first. Will post them later.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.3.zip
      87.3 KB
    Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep I think for now that there is no way to recover from GPU crash. The only way I think to delay the resume. So minimize and resume seems to do anything for you

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Log added, for what it may be worth. We'll see what happens next time.

Side remark: V16 had also issues with MePo remaining in tray.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    For sure you need to confirm me that with 10 sec of standby it's enough to always got the crash or @ least very often.
    I would like to do some other bin for you to try to know if it's really mp that does something and trigger D3D drivers to crash :)

What i have in mind is to avoid to RecreateSwapChain until suspend code is not ready but that's maybe not ok and maybe we just need to set a delay :)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would like to do some other bin for you to try to know if it's really mp that does something and trigger D3D drivers to crash :)
    My pleasure. Simply tell me what version and delay to use. The only constraint is response time. When coming home from the office I usually find the HTPC occupied, hence standby/resume analysis most often takes place next morning only :sleep:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    V20 :) with avoid RecreateSwapChain while resume code is running so let see :)

Attachments

• MediaPortal-V20.zip
      499.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom