[MP1-4578] Crashes after standby. (2 Viewers)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What delay do you suggest?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I would like to do some other bin for you to try to know if it's really mp that does something and trigger D3D drivers to crash :)
    My pleasure. Simply tell me what version and delay to use. The only constraint is response time. When coming home from the office I usually find the HTPC occupied, hence standby/resume analysis most often takes place next morning only :sleep:

From you event log, it seems enough to let HTPC in standby for around 10 minutes and make MP to crash, so if you can confirm this so :
    MP without startup/resume delay -> Standby -> wait 10 minutes -> resume -> it should crash lol

Now on V20 i try to override RecreateSwapChain code but not sure that it will be ok for you :) But if 10 minutes is enough to trigger the crash, the test can be quick to made :)

Otherwise, i think that on V19 to V20 etc. setting a delay from 30 to 60 secs is maybe enough to avoid the crash (but i'm not sure) :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    What delay do you suggest?

I suppose to avoid crash that a delay from 30 to 60 secs will be enough to avoid the crash :)
    If you talk about the waiting time (standby) i suggest to wait at leat 10 minutes, the event log tell that it's enough to trigger the issue.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    If you talk about the waiting time (standby) i suggest to wait at leat 10 minutes, the event log tell that it's enough to trigger the issue.
    12 min with no delay is not triggering a crash.

Too bad :) but like it's seems to be random maybe sometimes it's ok lol
    Can you try to look back @ your event log, i think 10 minutes it's enough from what i have see but maybe it's more or less and thanks for have tested :)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    @regeszter does 'TsBufferExtractor' is something from you ? (i'm not sure and i'm not sure it's based on master code)
    Thanks

Yes. It is a TvServer+MP client plugin.

So now it's to know if it's 'TsBufferExtractor' that trigger something odd on resume :) but not sure lol

Easy to test if you/he disable this plugin. ;)

but If you share/point a log where the TsBufferExtractor is prevent the resume, I can check it. :)

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

So now it's to know if it's 'TsBufferExtractor' that trigger something odd on resume :) but not sure lol

Easy to test if you/he disable this plugin. ;)

but I you share/point a log where the TsBufferExtractor is prevent the resume, I can check it. :)

It's pure supposition :) because timeshift seems to not work on resume and i have see tsbuffer involved in log so @blub if you can disable it for testing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom