[MP1-4578] Crashes after standby. (2 Viewers)

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Description
Hi,

I've got mediaportal crashes after standby sometimes. This happened in 1.9 beta and now also happens in the 1.9 final. I've reinstalled windows and everything earlier this week and the problem also happens before the reinstall sometimes.

Mediaportal is rock solid when it runs or after cold boot but immediately after it comes out of standby it crashes sometimes. This doesn't happen everytime but quite often.

I've attached logs. It seems the error I catched in the log is:
[2014-09-30 18:40:15,126] [Error ] [24 ] [ERROR] - LoadSkin: Running on wrong thread - StackTrace: ' bij System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
bij System.Environment.get_StackTrace()

Around this time mediaportal also crashed.

Information about my system.
- Windows 8.1 x64
-Connected through Nvidia GTX 970 to my Denon X3100 receiver by hdmi(receiver is connected to tv). This is for both audio and video.
- Tv tuners: Anysee E30 TC and Anysee E7 TC
- I've already updated all drivers and bios.

The error about the imon display isn't true since the drivers/software is installed correctly and they are running fine.

[2014-09-30 18:41:44,031] [Error ] [MiniDisplayRender] [ERROR] - .IsDisabled: The latest iMON is not installed or iMON is not running

Steps to Reproduce:
Resume from standby and often mediaportal crashes.

EDIT :
Jira Link : https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4578
Git Branch : https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...)_causes_freezes_after_resume_from_standby_V2
V19 bin : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...hes-after-standby.127806/page-46#post-1111607
TvPlugin bin (try to fix loadskin error) : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...hes-after-standby.127806/page-37#post-1110313
Installer based on V26 and 1.10Final + TvPlugin : http://tinyurl.com/ozfklzz

Last edited by a moderator:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hi killer8,

You can ignore the LoadSkin errors, since those are an indication for the Team that something is running on the wrong thread ;)
    You shouldn't notice anything when these errors are written to the logs (which only happens in Debug mode) while using MP.

My suggestion would be to start MediaPortal with the WatchDog (Option #1) and then try to reproduce the issue. You can do this before going to bed, since Option 1 disables all plugins (to rule out a problem with those). If the error doesn't happen, then a plugin is causing this problem.
    Also please check your system event logs to see why MP crashed. The eventlogs are also included when you use the WatchDog ;)

Btw: Nice receiver. Happy with it so far?
    I was just looking into the X4100W to potentially upgrade my 2808 (too bad the 3100 doesn't have Dolby Atmos support!)

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Also possible are HDMI Handshake Issues. I had this a long time on my Sys.
    (Intel Board, HD4600 Graphics connected via HDMI to my Denon X3000.)

Those crashes are completely gone since i have connected the "Dr. HDMI" between my HTPC and the Denon.
    You can also try to cover Pin19 on your HDMI Cable. But in my case this makes my System unstable.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Homey,

Thank you for the replies. I will start by enabling Watchdog and try till it crash. Will report later on this.

About the Receiver, it's great. I wanted to upgrade to 4k after I bought a 4k tv and the X3100 just have these functions, including the new nvidia gtx 960 the screen is just amazin. For the sound quality i'm quite impressed. I'm using it with a 5.1 setup and it sounds so much better as my denon 1909 which is now being used in a second room. You are right about Dolby Atmos, however it's backward compatible and i'm not planning on adding these extra speakers(not enough space).

I've checked the windows logs and the only windows error which shows up at that time is:
    De MTRR's (Memory Type Range Registers) van de processor zijn gewijzigd tijdens een overgang naar de slaapstand (S4). Dit kan leiden tot verminderde prestaties tijdens het hervatten.

Error id: 137.

Translation: It says something about: The MTRR of the processor has changed during the change from sleep(S4). This can give reduced performance while continuing.

Any idea on this or does it have nothing to do with the crash?

I will attach watchdogs logs as soon as I have them.

Brudertac, thank you for the hint, incase I really can't get it fixed this would be a nice possibility. However it seems it's not compatible with hdmi 2.0 and 4k. This is a problem in my case.[DOUBLEPOST=1412102790][/DOUBLEPOST]Didn't think I had to come back this soon. First time I tried directly a crash. Here is the zip.[DOUBLEPOST=1412103543][/DOUBLEPOST]Some more information. It seems the htpc resumes fine when I've not done anything. But when I open tv or something and stop it, and go back to the home screen again and put the pc in standby and wake up again it crashes(this happens twice now and everything is fine when not opening tv before standby). I'm not sure if this only happens when I've watched tv or also with other parts will check that out now. I've also included the zip of the second crash, screen looked the same when it resumed and crashed.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Open MP Config, click on the bottom part 'Additional 3rd party checks'.
    Does is say the MCE Service is still enabled? If so, check the box to disable it.
    (Hele stapel service time-outs in je system_eventlog)

There's a bunch of errors in your system eventlog that indicate a user rights issue, but i don't expect that those are related.

however it's backward compatible
    You mean that the amps are ready for Atmos, and a FW upgrade should be enable this option?
    Other brands like Onkyo do indeed offer FW updates to get Atmos compatible. If that's the case, than the 3100 would suit me fine also ;)
    But i'm not in a hurry (already wanted to upgrade to the 3313 last year) and now with this Atmos, i'm willing to wait another 5 months and pick up the 4100W for a nice price.
    Still using my 'old' TV here, but that still gives me amazing PQ ;)

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've also seen that, however it's already disabled. I've enabled it now and disabled it again maybe that will help.

I also had a crash while start watching a tv show(I never had a crash at that point before) the video simply freezed and the audio continued and after some time the audio also stopped. Here's the zip of that crash

For Dolby atmos I mean the tracks can simply play on hardware which do not support dolby atmos but are restricted to normal 5.1 etc.

http://www.eiki.com/what-is-dolby-atmos/ says:

Should I buy Dolby Atmos content even if I don’t have new equipment?
    The Dolby Atmos format was designed to be backward compatible, so it will play on both new and existing hardware platforms. With this in mind, you should purchase the Dolby Atmos® version of content (i.e.: movies, games, etc.) whenever that is available. If you upgrade your equipment in the future to Dolby Atmos-capable products, this will unlock the ultimate experience from Dolby Atmos content. In the meantime, you will still experience great surround from Dolby Atmos content through traditional channel-based systems.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can't seem to find the TV show crash. Are you talking about a TV Serie, played with TV Series plugin, or a TV recording?

For Dolby atmos I mean the tracks can simply play on hardware which do not support dolby atmos but are restricted to normal 5.1 etc.
    Yeah, already watched Transformer Blu-ray, which has a 7.1 Atmos TrueHD audio track. (y)
    The LAV filters have been fixed about a week ago (and that was also forwarded to ffmpeg devs) so the extract the proper channels from the audio ;)

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes I used Tv series plugin, so I think it has nothing todo with this problem and was just coincidence. I will continue testing and report back if I got another crash.[DOUBLEPOST=1412105959][/DOUBLEPOST]Another crash

I keep seeing this error in windows logs:

De MTRR's (Memory Type Range Registers) van de processor zijn gewijzigd tijdens een overgang naar de slaapstand (S4). Dit kan leiden tot verminderde prestaties tijdens het hervatten.

source: kernal-power
    id: 137
    level: error

Can this be the reason of the crash of mediaportal?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No clue about the error message, although it looks like a pretty serious one (verminderde prestaties). For as far as my knowledge about standy goes: I'm using S3 on a daily base without issues here (multi-seat setup). I say S3, because that should be faster as S4 and use less power. Read that somewhere a long time ago and never looked back so maybe things changed...
    But it's definitely worth to set your BIOS to S3 and test with that. Resume in the morning is 3/4 secs here ;) (with an Intel i7-860 cpu)

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm using this mode because that way I'm able to turn on the pc by remote(harmony ultimate) or make the pc turn on automatically to record a tv show or something or make a backup. This isn't possible in the other modes right?

In windows I've selected "Slaapstand" what do you use here?

Update: I did some reading but as far as I can see I'm already using S3 and not S4(I've even disabled hibernate). So that should already be fine. In S4 i would not able to make the pc wake up automatically.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom