[MP1-4578] Crashes after standby. (1 Viewer)

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Navigate to the install directory and start MP from commandline:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal
Mediaportal /avoidversioncheck
I know but I just updated to get it working without any additional fixes. Thank you for the hint anyway:)

Strange, the installer should update the tvplugin too (with patched tvthread) :)
Should the build be recompiled or is it just the patched file which is not compatible? Do you have any fix(no work around like /avoidversioncheck). I've also reinstalled the build since I thought something went wrong while installing but this didn't make a difference. It worked initially but after I applied V27 it gave the same error again

V28 :)
Just change Bounds to see what happen :)
Thank you:)
Can this be the fix for the version mismatch with V27 with 1.10 final build from this thread?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    V28 +15s: Gfx driver crash(n)

Attachments

• MediaPortal.zip
      56.7 KB
    Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Should the build be recompiled or is it just the patched file which is not compatible? Do you have any fix(no work around like /avoidversioncheck). I've also reinstalled the build since I thought something went wrong while installing but this didn't make a difference. It worked initially but after I applied V27 it gave the same error again

The build should be used and on top just copy V27 or V28 :)
    All should be ok (in this build tvthread delayed are on it, so no need to use the tvplugin patch).

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's what I did. I didn't use the TV plug-in patch just installed the build and the patched v27. Iwill give it another try this weekend with v28. Thank you

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there a difference whether you actively put the HTPC into standby through the skin menu option or let Windows energy saving kick in?

I have the impression that with actively engaged standby my system is recovering while the latter lets it crash.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is there a difference whether you actively put the HTPC into standby through the skin menu option or let Windows energy saving kick in?
    Don't think so. Both are using the same Windows commands.
    I'm using PS to put my system into S3 after 15 minutes of inactivity, and this has been working for years.
    But i don't have any resume issues either, so not a good compare i think.

I have been testing a lot of these fixes for regression (on my productive system), and 1 thing i noticed (happened a few times, random off course) is that after resume i wasn't hearing the skin sounds (when i was navigating or starting LiveTV) but windows sounds (which might indicate in wrong focus, but we can fix that when the resume issue is fixed).
    If any of you run into these 'regression' effects, please let us know also ;)

Firemogle

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

I have the impression that with actively engaged standby my system is recovering while the latter lets it crash.

I got caught up in moving and was not able to get in to help much; but this "feels" right to me. Unfortunately the move is still tying up my ability to help but from before I tried a 'fix' for the computer to wake up and run a batch file that simply restarted the machine every morning... and this would just hard lock the machine daily. When I took that off MePo would frequently work for about 10 min then freeze. I am not sure how long the logs stay but I can post them once I get the HTPC able to power up again.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Firemogle ,

This doesn't sound like the resume bug to me. I would suggest that you open a standard support thread and post full logs there.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, since mp 1.10 final had been released I'm going to upgrade. I'm wondering if this patch is still needed and incase it is, is there a patch available for this version?

I also see this topic is moved but doesn't this problem still persist in 1.10?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)
    Yep better to create a new thread, and i will try to find the time to look for new bin :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom