1.10.0 [MP1-4578] Crashes after standby (1 Viewer)

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just saw the little MP Window (1/4 of Screen) when i connect via VNC to my MediaPC. But no Black Screen. So not bad or? :)
    Logs attached.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I would like to see v35 in the 1.11pre Testbuild. Its running very good here. No Black Screens (only one - i have reported it).
    We will have a bigger Testbase if its in 1.11pre too.
    I agree on that. I don't have any problems and it's quite stable for me for some weeks. Another thing is, it's much better then the code which is in the builds now.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I would like to see v35 in the 1.11pre Testbuild. Its running very good here. No Black Screens (only one - i have reported it).
    Keep in mind that Pre Releases aren't for testing fixes.
    Pre Release are created because we know the individual fixes are working good (no issues found), and we except that release to be our Final release. We release them to the community so we're sure it's tested on as many different hardware combo's as possible and filter out any issue the team didn't spot during testing.

So untill something is working 100%, it won't be included in a Pre Release. We have our Area51 threads for that. ;)

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Keep in mind that Pre Releases aren't for testing fixes.
    Pre Release are created because we know the individual fixes are working good (no issues found), and we except that release to be our Final release. We release them to the community so we're sure it's tested on as many different hardware combo's as possible and filter out any issue the team didn't spot during testing.

So untill something is working 100%, it won't be included in a Pre Release. We have our Area51 threads for that. ;)

Thanks for clarifiying that. It was just my hope to see this in the next Version because it works much better than the original Base in v1.10.
    (Well, on my Sys! ;) )

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It was just my hope to see this in the next Version because it works much better than the original Base in v1.10.
    (Well, on my Sys! )
    Yeah, that's the problem with these changes. They have a pretty big impact in case they don't work well. I'm sure we're able to supply binaries based on the upcoming release once it's out, so no worries. ;)
    Before this branch i didn't have any issues with resume on my system, but after continous testing, i still run into a few (minor) issues now and then (off course, random...)
    • Sometimes i hear Windows sounds when i try to tune a TV Channel from the EPG (focus issue?)
    • Sometimes after resume my Titan Menu tiles are gone. Clicking arrow UP often brings them back, but it's a pretty annoying 'regression'
    Anybody else noticed these?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    You mean it's better ? :)
    Did you try the new option too ?
    Me too for now i can't reproduce HomeY issue but like this bug is kind of very random one lol

Last edited by a moderator:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ha, just resumed from standby but MePo crashed. I really don't understand the behavior. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

I'll play with the options a little bit, but as you may have noticed, I've gone kind of quiet. Not much time at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom