1.10.0 [MP1-4578] Crashes after standby (3 Viewers)

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I don't have audio problems with V34. I'm using my nvidia gtx 970 with newest drivers to my denon receiver. Sound is via HDMI and bitstreams via lav are enabled.

I had some issues with no audio after standby some time ago, it seems to depend on the order in which the tv, avr and htpc is turned on.

Order I use to turn on: HTPC, AVR, TV
Order to turn off: Tv, AVR, HTPC

Not sure if this is related but I don't have issues with V34 and had something similair before. With Nvidia the only fix to get it working without a restart was to use a tool called devcon to restart the videocard drivers.

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have used v34 with the new Setting the whole Day. Also under same conditions. (PC is on for Recording and Receiver/TV is switched on)
    Also Realtek Audio is disabled in System.
    All is working fine!!!!!! (y)(y)(y)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Could you upload the log for analyse ? :)

Hope it will be better for the next day :p.
    I need to test again the sequence when using multiple screen too. (because it's not 100% working OK it seems).
    I'm pretty sure that it's possible to catch audio device ID/Name or whatever on MP start and re-init only this one audio device on resume or devicearrival.
    Right now, i only re-init the first one available/detected, this is why, i've asked you to disable all other audio device for testing :)

I hope it will be possible to do like above (if you can understand/follow me lol)

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I See what you want to achieve. [emoji2]
    Log Files are attached.

I hope it stays stable too. Aweome. [emoji2]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420836693207.zip
      575.5 KB
    • uploadfromtaptalk1420836699794.zip
      1.8 MB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    New bin will follow, i have try to simplify the audio re-init process, not sure if it's fully ok but i notice some crash to desktop while debugging from audio exception and i think i already see some log (rarely) about this exception.

so let's try and see what happen :)

perky

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2014
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks. I'm getting some stuttering when playing back recorded programs or when playing videos with V35 though. There is no stuttering with V34. Also I'm still getting the audio for video playback coming through via HDMI at full volume and MP cannot control it.

Edit: Possibly a bit premature, I put V34 back in to check - no stuttering, then put V35 back in and the stuttering was gone. I can't explain that, so V35 may be OK (apart from the volume stuff).

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Sebastiii
    for testing v35 i assume i should enable my second Sound Device (Realtek)?
    You can try to enable it. But i think that it s better to disable it after because it s seems that i can t fully manage to take audio device.

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Sebastiii
    for testing v35 i assume i should enable my second Sound Device (Realtek)?
    You can try to enable it. But i think that it s better to disable it after because it s seems that i can t fully manage to take audio device.
    Okay, then i leave it off for now. Updated to v35. I will post Logs tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom