1.10.0 [MP1-4578] Crashes after standby (2 Viewers)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Seb,

it has become vey difficult to follow the changes. Applying patches to the new 1.11 prerelease is possible, if only one knew what to use. At some point you start giving up because all those patches - not just this thread - are impossible to be constantly maintaned by a standard user.

Latest issue is TV Plugin, which throws this error:
    TV Plugin.JPG

1.10.100 vs. 1.10.100.0 o_O

And yes, I know that I can apply avoidversioncheck - but it just adds to what you need to keep in mind...

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi @HTPC_Sourcer

I've installed the 2015.02.26 Installer based on 1.11 Pre-release from https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4578 including the patched files for tv thread from here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...hes-after-standby.128997/page-15#post-1126905 and playlist fix from here(incase you want this patch) https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...s-available-in-directory.129848/#post-1126916

All work together without version mismatches and avoidversioncheck switch. I had the same issue when using the previous installer for the mp1-4578 fix with the new tv thread fix.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @killer8 ,

Thank you for the information, but you are missing my point. This thread is just one example of the increasing crafting that is needed to maintain a fully functional MePo installation.

I have installed the official 1.11 pre - and yet @Sebastiii 's TV plugin, which is only three days old, throws errors at me. I really appreciate the work and commitment and effort, which flows into fixing these things, however, from an organizational perspective it is regrettably a waste of time, because we are as much away from seeing this in any official release as we were four months ago. I am getting frustrated over having to download new installers again and again.

And by the way, I keep having resume problems, although much less than in the past. With 1.11 I am probably back to where I was before - line of arguments closes the circle.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    There is an issue on version number (for 1.11 pre-release) lol (1.10.100 vs. 1.10.100.0)
    So i didn't remember if MP1-4578 has the fix (i think it have), so installer the full installer from Jira will be ok :)
    The TvPlugin should be ok too because i have applyied it on top of MP1-4578.

But the branch with the TvPlugin fix will be not ok because it will be tagged correctly 1.10.100.0 against not correct 1.11 pre release (1.10.100).

So in final, better to use full installer from Jira for testing, the TvPlugin fix is just to avoid loadskin error in log :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom