[solved] MP1-4585 Generic HID input device support for MCE buttons (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @edterbak I've updated the installer link on the first post.
    All your issues with button repeat should be gone.
    The only buttons supporting repeat with the new configuration are volume and channel increment/decrement.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Stephane,

Tested more.
    What I see is that Generic HID does repeat back/pause button, while MCE remote does not.
    I am using a harmony remote, maybe that makes a difference. But I don't know.

Here is a log of the test with Generic HID. Hope it tells you something more than just these words.

[edit]
    sorry for being slow in response. Im in the process of buying a house. :) time consuming.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's really odd. I'm not seeing this with the latest intaller. Did you customize your actions on your last test run? Search for generic-hid.xml file in MP programdata and delete it, then try again.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    sorry, no. nothing.
    plain install and then switch between the two. :(
    It is strange indeed.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you sure you did not change the mapping last week for instance?
    Can you search for copy of a file named generic-hid.xml on your installation drive?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looking at your logs it looks like you have the AppCommands enabled which could explain your duplicate events.
    Though possible you should not be using "Media" together with "HID" unless you know what you are doing :)

Just disable Media.

Last edited:

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ahhh.. YES... you are right
    I see now I have Media enabled indeed together with HID. . So this is user error.

Now tested again with media unticked: Issue with repeating is gone. 100% ok now. Great!

But: I have a BT keyboard with media keys, togeter with a logitech remote. So obviously, I think I need to enable both. (proven incorrect now) THis is unclear from within the configuration.exe. I think there should be some more information like popups/F1help which help the user to prevent this error. Maybe a popup if both are enabled making the user aware of possible issues. OK/Cancel. Just thinking out loud here. You know what is best/easiest.

Long story short. (user error) issue gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom