MP1 Upgrade to 1.17 causes playback of recordings to stop (1 Viewer)

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
September 21, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I turned off the realtime scanning and the firewall. No difference. Log file attached.

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
September 21, 2017
Home Country
I did try that before but I did it again today and things seem to work. I did the upgrade differently than before. I have always thought that Lav filters are part of my problem and I noticed that I had both Lav filters in my list of programs on the start button and KLite lav filters. I don't know if they are the same or not, but I got the KLite when Lav wanted to update. I uninstalled them both and reinstalled just the Lav filters from your extension manager. I then stopped the real time scanner and firewall long enough to reinstall and then reinstalled 1.15, restarted the computer and for now it seems okay. I will play with it this weekend and let you know how it goes.

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
September 21, 2017
Home Country
It was doing good but then it crashed after giving me a black screen for video but audio still until it stopped. I was recording one program and trying to playback a recording when it happened. Log file attached.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks, but the log show Main: MediaPortal v1.17.0.0, so you are on 1.17 and not 1.15 right ?
    I was thinking you will test with 1.15 to see all is ok (i surely don't following you there lol).

I would like to know if possible to test 1.15 / 1.16 and in final 1.18 Pre-release. :p

We need to understand what is happening :)
    Thanks.

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
    September 21, 2017
    Home Country
    I am on 1.15 now. I did not realize that the log files stopped going into the log directory - they started putting them directly onto the desktop. I am attaching the one that I meant to last night.

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
    September 21, 2017
    Home Country
    So I have tried both 1.15 and 1.17. I also tried 1.16 when it came out but it caused the same problems and I had to completely uninstall all mediaportal files and lav filters and then reinstall 1.15 and it worked fine until I upgraded to 1.17. I have not done the same start over yet because it takes several hours to do it and then to set up the recordings again. Plus I am hoping you may have a solution so I am not stuck with 1.15 forever. So, as I understand it, you want me to try 1.18 prerelease. I will try it - what do I have to lose now. I did have the same problem on a laptop this morning but it was not set to save the log files - that laptop does not have Mcafee and uses windows defender. It also outputs the program to its HDMI out on the computer. One thing that I did notice once the laptop closed/ended the program was that Glary utilities Malware Hunter program had a popup window in the background wanting to upgrade to the latest version. I don't think that really had anything to do with it because I get the same popups on this computer and it does not cause any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom