MP1 Upgrade to 1.17 causes playback of recordings to stop (2 Viewers)

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
September 21, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Here is the 1.18 log. It crashed immediately on the first attempt to jump ahead, I think only 30 seconds or so.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    In fact testing 1.15 was to rules out the Windows Part and if 1.16 failed too that the culprit change code is between :p
    So i will try to build a TsReader version from 1.15 on top of 1.17/1.18 Pre :p

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't know if they are the same or not...
    They're absolutely not!
    In my experience codec packs - of which KLite is one - often include a whole lot of junk - possibly including old/obsolete versions of Core CC - and can break media programs. I wouldn't recommend them. Ever.

...but I got the KLite when Lav wanted to update.
    To the best of my knowledge the official LAV distribution mechanism has never been KLite. KLite may include LAV... but as above, I would never recommend installing a codec pack. You'd be far better to install either an official LAV package or the package from the MP Extension Installer (which is equivalent/identical).

In other words: in my opinion it was a mistake to install KLite, however you got it.

...not that this particularly helps, sorry.

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
    September 21, 2017
    Home Country
    It is good to know about the KLite Lav version. It was probably a program that updates my computer that suggested it. I tried watching live tv tonight and it worked for about an hour including some backing up and going forward but then it just stopped when I was not doing anything and crashed. 1.18 version. See log file.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Attached is a TsReader from 1.15 (copy files in mediaportal folder but backup current one ofc) :p

Attachments

• TsReader_1.15.zip
      219.6 KB

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
    September 21, 2017
    Home Country
    I don't understand what you mean about the HID logs. There is a Dell USB IR attachment that I use for a remote control. The keyboard does the same thing.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I don't understand what you mean about the HID logs. There is a Dell USB IR attachment that I use for a remote control. The keyboard does the same thing.

In your log, there is a lot of log line about HID (many line) this is why it looks weird :p
    Good, next will be to test the 1.16 Version :p to see if it failed like 1.17/1.18 :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom