MP1 Upgrade to 1.17 causes playback of recordings to stop (1 Viewer)

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
September 21, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am talking about the MediaPortal Configuration settings for TV on the subtitle tab when I said Just checking the boxes in the TV to say to turn them on does nothing without CC Parser on my computer.

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
September 21, 2017
Home Country
The common denominator to all of the crashes is turning on CC Core Parser. I turned off the HID but turned on IR and it works fine without CC Parser. Turn on CC Parser and it comes up with an immediate crash - black screen and audio for a few seconds. Turn off CC P and it works fine. Turn off IR and HID and it works fine. Turn on CC P and it crashes. Any suggestions? I am attaching the log files for the last crash.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you set log level as debug mode ? :)
    Also if you start watchdog (first option) it freeze too ?

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
    September 21, 2017
    Home Country
    It is set at debug level. All of the log files recently were from the Watchdog saving them automatically after the crashes, which is what the first option does. They did indicate that the watchdog froze too but then it seemed to go on and finish and restart mediaportal using the default skin.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is really bizarre, because there's no evidence of crashes in your log files. At least not that I can see.

Are you sure that it's not security software (eg. McAfee) causing problems because you haven't configured it to trust MP enough?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It is set at debug level. All of the log files recently were from the Watchdog saving them automatically after the crashes, which is what the first option does. They did indicate that the watchdog froze too but then it seemed to go on and finish and restart mediaportal using the default skin.

Something is wrong log are not set as debug !

Can you set it as debug there :

upload_2017-9-26_23-8-55.png

Clean all log in : "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log"

Start MP in normal mode / Close it / Backup log from above folder / Post log (Zip the log from above folder) here (it to look if debug are activated)

Then, clean again the log folder and try to reproduce it :) and backup (zip log) and attached them here.
    Thanks.

@mm1352000 yep MP didn't crash, i think it deadlock somehow, so MP is freezed.

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
    September 21, 2017
    Home Country
    I did the second try and a third since it crashed immediately each time. I enabled CC Core Parser and HID.
    The earlier file was watching a recording and the second one was watching live tv.

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
    September 21, 2017
    Home Country
    This is the screen on the last crash before I did your two tests in the prior post. I am just showing you that it is crashing and I am not crazy.
    It had reset the debug option on its own to "normal". I set it this morning and I just reset it.

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
    September 21, 2017
    Home Country
    The picture did not show up. see attached.IMG_20170926_164836698.jpg IMG_20170926_164816222_HDR.jpg IMG_20170926_164836698.jpg IMG_20170926_164816222_HDR.jpg

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I did the second try and a third since it crashed immediately each time. I enabled CC Core Parser and HID.
    The earlier file was watching a recording and the second one was watching live tv.

Thanks this time debug line are present :p
    So for sure it freeze in deadlock somewhere, i have try something with attached file, can you copy/replace the current one in : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal"
    Backup the original in case if you need to put in back :p

Attachments

• Core_FilterGraph.zip
      1.1 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom