MP2 - V2.1 [MP2-554] Installer recognizes Spring '16 as newer (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Then it might be recommended that users Uninstall from the Programs and Features Control Panel in the Release notes.
    I just changed the release notes exactly in this way.

Uninstalling from the control panel leaves the Client Launcher and the Server Monitor running....
    So users would need to also stop Launcher and Server Monitor before uninstalling Spring 16?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are we still sure that my small hack is not easier to implement? ;)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I will test it if you can make it work...

Could also be possible to add it to the included BAT file with the setup.exe
    Just a thought...

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    From my experience with five MP2.1 installation tasks: if you use the 'Mediaportal 2 Uninstall' entry from the Windows program menu there is still an entry in the 'Programs and Features' in system control panel. You need additionally to uninstall 'the rest' from there. But settings and data still stay on the system which is very comfortable in case of the TV server database. After MP 2.1 installation the TV server can run instantly without new and time-consuming setup.

What I found was the 'server connection thingy' in the taskbar stayed always red even when the server was connected. It behaved correctly once the folder with its config and log files the 'ProgramData' folder was deleted manually prior to a new installation. After that it changed its status to green as soon as the server was connected.

As I had run the 29-08-2016 weekly I knew I needed to uninstall manually. So I closed the MP2 client launcher and the server monitor as well as the MP2TVServer service manually, made both uninstallations - from 'Program Menu' and from 'Programs and Features', deleted all MP2-... folders in 'ProgramData' (except I kept the TV server database on the media server') and then rebooted for a fresh install. I think this is the right way to get read of all unwanted legacy 2.0 stuff. O.k. I used the weekly but may be the regular Spring 16 release needs a similar treatment. The MP 2.1 is not just a .1 added to 2.0 but a major step with a lot of improvements.

Cheers

Blue Max

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom