MP2 - V2.1 [MP2-555] BluRay ISO added and removed alternately with each importer run (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Personally I never use DVD/BD ISO or folder structure to store my movies, so I don't have any experience with them. At least in MKV-Buddy's nfo this tMM naming bug is not existing as we don't use pt or part for stocking movies. MKV-Buddy does this completely different.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MKV-Buddy does this completely different.
    I remember @Scheibes writing that MKV Buddy-created nfo files did not make a difference. Admittedly this user has so far been a basket of all kind of issues. If you like you may have a look and recommend some testing with MKV Buddy rather than TMM: Most recent logs are here.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I was talking about the bug regarding the "PT109" naming, not about ISO or DVD/BD .nfo in general. MKV-Buddy never was planed or intended to work with BD/DVD folder/iso because we don't want to get law issues due to the copy protection on (nearly) every DVD and BluRay disk.....

Aside this I would get myself out here as I don't have any experience with DVD/BD ISO/Folder at all. I only answered here because I was tagged...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I was talking about the bug regarding the "PT109" naming, not about ISO or DVD/BD .nfo in general.
    This is more than a naming issue and seeing both tMM and MP are windows applications, its not a stretch to have similar issues someplace else within MP. That is why I posted this.

MKV-Buddy never was planed or intended to work with BD/DVD folder/iso because we don't want to get law issues due to the copy protection on (nearly) every DVD and BluRay disk.....
    Planned or Intended to work with a file is one thing. Making the assumption that every DVD and or BluRay is copy protected and the user not having the right (using similar tools to what MKV-Buddy uses) is a stretch.
    I just have a real issue with someone commenting that what I have is not mine to do with as I choose or how I got it in the first place.

I only answered here because I was tagged...
    Because you have more experience than anyone (that I know of) with the inner workings of MP and NFO files.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Now to add something new to this possible problem....
    Windows allows a semicolon in a file name
    Jeff Dunham: Unhinged in Hollywood.mkv

While trying out FileBot, it had issues with this semicolon.
    Is it possible MP2 also has issues with a semicolonin the file name there-by causing some of the import issues?
    Guess its time to test.... hmmm

Edit:
    So I tested this with Jeff Dunham; Unhinged in Hollywood (2015) [tt5038776].mkv
    Because I have the [tt5038776] in the name, MP2 imported the movie and shows it on screen (in Movies) as Jeff Dunham: Unhinged in Hollywood
    Converting the semicolon to a colon

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    the user not having the right (using similar tools
    The law in USA is completely different in this area. Here it is a huge issue as all those tools (e.G. DVDFab or MakeMKV) are illegal in Germany, no matter what a specific user does with them. If I would be responsible for the Team Server (located in Germany) I even would remove all DVD/BD support completely from both, MP1 and MP2... I know there are (very few) DVD/BD without copy protection but you can count them with your fingers...

A "normal" video without DRM is not that easy to trail to an "illegal" origin (especially if it is transcoded or remuxxed), but for every DVD or BluRay (no matter if as ISO or as folder structure) it is easy to see it's origin.

Because you have more experience
    But not when it comes to DVD/BD and .nfo. Here I simply have "Zero" knowledge or experience...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Windows allows a semicolon in a file name
    Just to confirm:. Colon :)) or semicolon (;)?

Regarding the NFO handling Scheibe's issues occur only when importing NFO info of BR ISO's. Additional complications stem from the fact that local import then ignores the presence of previously read online information and then removes the BR ISO's from the database.

I don't have BR iso information, so I can't test myself.

Edit: the editor changed my : and ;

Last edited:

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Additional complications stem from the fact that local import ignores then presence of previously read online information and then removes the BR ISO's from the database.
    This I was not aware of.
    I thought he had NFO files for all of the BR movies and the importer was actually Not Downloading from the sites on the 1st pass.
    This changes a lot of things including testing....

Just to confirm:. Colon :)) or semicolon (;)?
    Windows allows a semicolon in the name...
    FileBot (I just discovered) understand that a Colon is Not allowed and when it does its on-line look up, it sees that IMDB and other sites have a colon in the name and Prompts the user that this needs to be corrected, and if you allow FileBot to do it, it will correct the name before renaming the file...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    1st and 2nd online pass is working - if no BR NFO us present. If after such import NFO iscadded, a local import will destroy the previous state and the database no longer shows the iso files.
    I have his NFO files and if I remember his conversation correctly, every movie is in its own folder with the NFO and other files.

I have some ideas on how to test but its going to take a little time....

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    After more testing I discovered there seems to be a correlation with either the ISO size or the internal file types.
    White House Down.iso 3.6Gig in size
    AVATAR [tt0499549].iso 46.6Gig in size

With each Reimport the movie Avatar is Added or Removed from showing up in MP2.
    Once it is not visible (In any screen), doing a Reimport brings it back.
    I have done this Multiple times and with each Reimport Avatar is or is not seen.
    Import ISO 01.jpg Import ISO 02.jpg

Here are the internal file structures within these 2 ISO's
    WHD ISO.jpg Avatar ISO.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom