MP2 - V2.1 [MP2-557] Images with exif information won't get thumbnails. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Even after a dozen importer runs most of my pictures don't have any thumbnails. It looks as if pictures without exif information (mostly older ones where my workflow wasn't preserve them) will get thumbnails, but pictures with exif won't.
    Without exif:
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

You see those pictures are 13 years old and for this they don't have exif.

And with exif:
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

Those pictures are much newer and have exif, but no thumbnails...

This is the case for each and every picture I have (and I have a lot). Without exif information the thumbs are generated, with exif they aren't...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried and got different results:
    upload_2017-1-4_8-40-48.png

Important:
    The first pass doesn't seem to create thumbnails anymore. But after a 2nd refresh run, the thumbs were created.
    I had to restart to MP2-Client and had thumbs displayed correctly (the client caches non-existant thumbs, that's why to restart)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had to restart to MP2-Client and had thumbs displayed correctly
    I believe I tried that without any effect. I will have another look tonight when I am home.

@Brownard , @henso : Do we want to cahnge something for thumbnail generation or is this sufficient - provided Lehmden and I can confirm morpheus' findings

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I have run a refresh many times (4 or 5 times at least) and restarted the client every day at least once but this did not help at all. After the first import there are no thumbnails at all, but that was expected (at least by me). The images without exif got thumbs after one of the refreshes (not all was created in one run, but I have much more than 200.000 images so I can imagine this is very time consuming). You can see this especially on the "folder.jpg" I've created as they don't have exif but the "real" pictures have. 2 examples:
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Zwischenablage-2.jpg

Zwischenablage-3.jpg

Zwischenablage-4.jpg

This is the result after at least 4 refresh runs of the importer and with restarted client. For me it definitely did not work.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you add one sample file here, so I can try locally?

And what exactly do you mean with "EXIF information"? Only the default ones which every camera writes into images or do you have additionally tagged your files, i.e. by adding keywords or geolocation manually?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And what exactly do you mean with "EXIF information"? Only the default ones which every camera writes into images
    Just for clarity: I am not getting thumbnails for any pictures - they all have standard camera-generated EXIF information.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Do we want to cahnge something for thumbnail generation or is this sufficient
    Depends on what has the highest priority: Import speed or thumbnails during first import?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Depends on what has the highest priority: Import speed or thumbnails during first import?
    I guess we would want to favor speed. Ideally this would be running as a continous background process with low priority. Not sure if cache informaiton can be updatd on-the-fly though. Anyway, this a litle bit more than pure cosmetics but for sure not critical.

However, neither Lehmden nor I seem to be getting any picture thumbnails

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom