MP2 - V2.1 [MP2-557] Images with exif information won't get thumbnails. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Aside this I've encounter another issue with the image player. If you have portrait orientated images that have rotation information in exif they got thumbs with correct orientation but are shown wrong. As background and also in full screen view. Only the thumb is correct oriented.
    Please, open a separate thread if you don't mind :)

The server is not responding fast enough any more. 2.0 was much better in this.
    @henso , is there something we can do about this?

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    is there something we can do about this?
    I don't exactly know what the cause is. Was this reported during testing of the pre-release? I don't seem to remember this being mentioned before.
    Are we only talking image browsing?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Was this reported during testing of the pre-release?
    No, at least I am not aware of it. Nobody bothered to look at something so basic as pictures. However, as we can see now, the sheer number of pictures leads to long lists and could be a good test case for assessing importer thread loads.

Was this reported during testing of the pre-release?
    Are we only talking image browsing?[/QUOTE]
    My few movies and series are no real challenge to the system. My music collection has ~10,000 tracks and, although taking some time, I didn't have this laggy impression like for pictures. @Lehmden could comment about his experience with his series and their 20,000 episodes. In both cases my understanding is that there is no thumbnail creation but actually a picture download from an online source.

So it could be the thumbnailer that is not working quick enough - I trust you know this much better than I ever will.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    So it could be the thumbnailer that is not working quick enough
    That should only be relevant during import/refresh. It's still laggy after completed import/refresh though, right?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's still laggy after completed import/refresh though, right?
    Importer completed a few minutes ago. Responsiveness is OK now (y).

I believe that we only need
    • to somehow address the fact that the system is executing importer tasks. Currently this is not visible and users get he impression of a non-reactive system.
    • make users understand that the thumbnail importer process will run, eventually terminate but only show visible results upon the next start

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    to somehow address the fact that the system is executing importer tasks. Currently this is not visible and users get he impression of a non-reactive system.
    Would it be of any value to have a visible "Importer Active" indicator? The turning Windows points in the center of the screen are a bit large but maybe it can be displayed in a corner instead?

make users understand that the thumbnail importer process will run, eventually terminate but only show visible results upon the next start
    I will add a special paragraph to the Release News where I explain that our Importer is doing all the different tasks simultaneously where MP1 is using sequential and independent steps:
    • Creation of music database
    • MyFIlms/Moving Pictures
    • MyTvSeries
    • AllMusic plugin read process of Artists pictures
    • FanArtHandler
    • Info plugin
    • etc.
    The importer does this all at once without further user interaction. During this process there is heavy database input, which, no surprise, affects the perceived responsiveness of the system..

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    @Lehmden could comment about his experience with his series and their 20,000 episodes.
    As I have filtered series to show by series and then by season there are no long lists. Series are very fluid here. At least they were until I've done the test with removing my series share. I've backed up my database and restored it after the not successful test. Now most of cached fanart is removed and the cache won't build up again. Most likely the system "thinks" the fanart is cached already... For this all has to be downloaded from media sources every time I enter the series view that leads to a long delay. If I don't find a way to re- cache the fanart (is there any?) I need to completely delete MP 2.1 incl all data folders and start from scratch.

As opposite it takes very long (30 seconds to more than a minute) until my movies list (1500 entries) is shown in GUI. Once it is shown the GUI is reacting normal again. Audio also takes it's time until something is shown in GUI. But the worst is Images as I have there the most media items at once. Browsing images is extremely slow and laggy.

All those experiences are without any importer activity. If the importer is working in background everything is getting slower a lot. I most of the times can reach TV and series, only sometimes movies but audio and images I never can see during importer activity as I always get "This view could not be build" then... DB file size is at 3 GB at the moment...

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If I don't find a way to re- cache the fanart (is there any?)
    You could try deleting 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\TvDB\SeriesMatches.xml', I'm not sure if this might have some unintended consequences though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom