[fixed] [MP2-611] Teletext subtitles language selection (1 Viewer)

snz

Portal Member
October 28, 2015
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2.1

Description
I seem to have some issues with teletext subtitles in 2.2.1.

One issue is that the does not always show (this happens on TV channels using DVB subtitles as well as DVB teletext subtitles), even if I have selected sub language in the on screen menu. Usually they appear on the first channel I watch, but after a channel switch it seems they are not always shown.

Also, it seems that channels with multiple language teletext subtitles (i.e. channels with multiple teletext subtitle streams, where each language has its own teletext page number), all of the different languages are shown, regardless of what language I have chosen in the on screen menu.

Then I also have issues with the placements of the subtitle, but I think that was a known issue.

Steps to Reproduce:
Watch DVB channel with multiple teletext subtitles

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Also, it seems that channels with multiple language teletext subtitles (i.e. channels with multiple teletext subtitle streams, where each language has its own teletext page number), all of the different languages are shown, regardless of what language I have chosen in the on screen menu.
    would it be possible for you to share a short sample TS video with multiple language teletext subtitles?

Then I also have issues with the placements of the subtitle, but I think that was a known issue.
    we are aware of placement issues with teletext subtitles in window mode. Do you have issues in full screen?

snz

Portal Member
    October 28, 2015
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've added a sample here: Ge.tt | Gett sharing

I have only tested 2.2.1 on my laptop, since my TV setup is still running an old MP version, and the laptop screen resolution is a somewhat odd 3200x1800, and the teletext subs are located in the upper left area of the screen both when in windowed mode as well as when I alt+enter to fullscreen. I don't know if there are different types of fullscreen modes in MP2, please let me know if so and I'll test.

superforever

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2009
    I think the problem is related to fonts scaling on TV because on 4K or FHD TV we always use 125 to 200% scaling. I changed it to 100% like on desktop computer it is fine with subtitle size and position. If I remember it correctly MP1 have this scaling problem before.

Of course we can't always do that because 100% is not readable on TV.

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    100% is not readable on TV
    Have a look at the settings file. Maybe it is possible to change the font size there:
    MP2 use the same subtitle engine as MP1 (mpc-hc). The settings for the engine are stored in:
    c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Config\[user_guid]\MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.Settings.MpcSubsSettings.xml

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Just found that the live TV subtitle for SD channel is very tiny no matter what fonts size.
    Please try the attached .dll. Make a backup of the current one and replace it with the attached one. Location is c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\VideoPlayers\

I could reproduce it and I know why it's currently not working with multiple language teletext subtitles. When I fix it, I'll provide another dll for testing.

Attachments

• VideoPlayers_fix_txt_scalling_issue.zip
      66.5 KB

superforever

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2009
    Please try the attached .dll. Make a backup of the current one and replace it with the attached one. Location is c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\VideoPlayers\

Tried seem the same, SD channel very tiny and HD channel only works with 100% fonts.

Also tried with TV and PC at the same channel (clients) and both 100% fonts, I found that sometime the TV won't display subtitle even the PC have it at the same time.

Also the yellow button didn't work to change subtitle.

Last edited:

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Tried seem the same, SD channel very tiny and HD channel only works with 100% fonts.
    did you test also with the sample you posted? With this I get normal font size on full screen.
    I found that sometime the TV won't display subtitle even the PC have it at the same time.
    sorry, I can't reproduce it here.
    Also the yellow button didn't work to change subtitle.
    I'm not using those color buttons, so can't say. @HTPCSourcer what's the expected behavior on live tv for the yellow button?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom