[fixed] [MP2-811] Forced client wake-up at 2:00 (1 Viewer)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    This seems to cure the 2:00 wake-up of the client. So the question is if this can be rolled out as "false" in a new client install.
    I will have to try my experiment again I guess. I had everything set to false and it still woke up both client and server / client.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Country flag
    I will have to try my experiment again I guess. I had everything set to false and it still woke up both client and server / client.
    I again set everything to false on the client and the client/server. It looks like the client woke at 2 and then woke the server. The 2 files on the client were both rewritten to true. The 4 files on the client server remained disabled.

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    It looks like the client woke at 2
    There could be something else. Check out the Task Scheduler for anything set for 2. The problem is that you need to go through all the individual Microsoft entries one by one.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Country flag
    @HTPCSourcer I know this might sound weird but, it appears to me that the first time you set everything to false on a client, MP2 will somehow rewrite your changes back to their original settings. If you change them back to false one more time, they will stick. That's the way it seems like it worked for me. I've now gone two nights in a row with no wake-ups. Now to try re-enableing the importer on the server where it's possible to actually change the wake-up time and if that works out I think I'm good.

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    the first time you set everything to false on a client, MP2 will somehow rewrite your changes back to their original settings. If you change them back to false one more time, they will stick.
    That sounds indeed weird.

@henso , do you have idea how to roll out the client installation so that a new install won't wake up at night?

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Country flag
    Well, that's the way it seemed to work in my case. I wonder if it has something to do with my having set up user accounts when I initially did my MP2 install and then turning that feature off?

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I wonder if it has something to do with my having set up user accounts when I initially did my MP2 install and then turning that feature off?
    Depends where the files that you changed were residing. In the subdirectories with the long GUID names or the main Config one? The latter probably applies if User Management is inactive.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Country flag
    Depends where the files that you changed were residing. In the subdirectories with the long GUID names or the main Config one? The latter probably applies if User Management is inactive.
    Ah that's true, I forgot all about the GUIDs.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Denmark Denmark
    Country flag
    @henso , do you have idea how to roll out the client installation so that a new install won't wake up at night?
    The setting is common for server and clients. I think I will end up with an option to disable it on the client also.

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    The setting is common for server and clients
    Then it is not working correctly. The settings are only applied on the server. The client files appear to remain unchanged.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    H MP2 database won't keep in synch with recordings General 2
    H [solved] MP2 Wiedergabe von Aufnahmen und Live TV geht nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 6
    ge2301 [WiP] MP2Web - A platform independent web client for MP2 MediaPortal 2 56
    F Problems with new install of MP2 Newcomers Forum 3
    catalpa Bug MP2-837 Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 2
    P MP2: US user, OTA - can NOT get SchedulesDirect plugin to work on MP1 or MP2 --> how do I get OTA schedule? General 5
    bigboss97 Does anyone has a SoundGraph imon remote file for MP2 to share? General 0
    ge2301 Android based client for MP2 MediaPortal 2 3
    R MP2 GUI Issues General 7
    P [solved] MP2 new install, 2 x hdhomerun tuners, client on same PC unable to view TV & recordings Newcomers Forum 8
    Lichloathe MP2 importing keyart instead of poster General 0
    Lichloathe Trakt for MP2 question General 7
    C Streaming/transcoding MP2 vs MP1? General 1
    P MP 2 - Request to add an additional TV series Filename protocal Feature Requests 0
    C Streaming to clients over Wifi. MP1 or MP2? Newcomers Forum 0
    CyberSimian MP2 synchronising of stoptime MediaPortal 1 Talk 5
    M Initial Setup MP2 (On Wndows 10) General 2
    R [solved] MP2 Client ist extrem langsam Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 5
    D [solved] EPG Buddy for MP2 - Does it work? General 5
    T Amazon und Netflix in MP2 - Wie? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 6
    J [solved] How to in MP2 General 19
    M [fixed] [MP2-831] 12h time format shown in TV Guide with Swedish language settings Submit: Bug Reports 27
    Volker MP2 Rewind / zurückspulen bei Live TV funktioniert nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 3
    B [solved] MP2.2.3 TV Guide not scrolling with mouse wheel General 2
    T [solved] MP2 Switch off visualisation when listening to audio....PLEASE!!! General 23