[fixed] [MP2-811] Forced client wake-up at 2:00 (2 Viewers)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This seems to cure the 2:00 wake-up of the client. So the question is if this can be rolled out as "false" in a new client install.
    I will have to try my experiment again I guess. I had everything set to false and it still woke up both client and server / client.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    I will have to try my experiment again I guess. I had everything set to false and it still woke up both client and server / client.
    I again set everything to false on the client and the client/server. It looks like the client woke at 2 and then woke the server. The 2 files on the client were both rewritten to true. The 4 files on the client server remained disabled.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It looks like the client woke at 2
    There could be something else. Check out the Task Scheduler for anything set for 2. The problem is that you need to go through all the individual Microsoft entries one by one.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    @HTPCSourcer I know this might sound weird but, it appears to me that the first time you set everything to false on a client, MP2 will somehow rewrite your changes back to their original settings. If you change them back to false one more time, they will stick. That's the way it seems like it worked for me. I've now gone two nights in a row with no wake-ups. Now to try re-enableing the importer on the server where it's possible to actually change the wake-up time and if that works out I think I'm good.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    the first time you set everything to false on a client, MP2 will somehow rewrite your changes back to their original settings. If you change them back to false one more time, they will stick.
    That sounds indeed weird.

@henso , do you have idea how to roll out the client installation so that a new install won't wake up at night?

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Well, that's the way it seemed to work in my case. I wonder if it has something to do with my having set up user accounts when I initially did my MP2 install and then turning that feature off?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I wonder if it has something to do with my having set up user accounts when I initially did my MP2 install and then turning that feature off?
    Depends where the files that you changed were residing. In the subdirectories with the long GUID names or the main Config one? The latter probably applies if User Management is inactive.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Depends where the files that you changed were residing. In the subdirectories with the long GUID names or the main Config one? The latter probably applies if User Management is inactive.
    Ah that's true, I forgot all about the GUIDs.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @henso , do you have idea how to roll out the client installation so that a new install won't wake up at night?
    The setting is common for server and clients. I think I will end up with an option to disable it on the client also.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The setting is common for server and clients
    Then it is not working correctly. The settings are only applied on the server. The client files appear to remain unchanged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom