[fixed] [MP2-811] Forced client wake-up at 2:00 (1 Viewer)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Both of my v.2.2.1 PCs wakes up every night at 2am. The only setting I can find in settings is for share refresh, which I have set for 6am. I finally found two settings files (there may be more) that schedule a wakeup at that time.
    MediaPortal.Common.Services.MediaManagement.ImporterWorkerSettings.xml
    MediaPortal.Common.Services.TaskScheduler.TaskSchedulerSettings.xml
    I tried to edit them but they just change back to 2am on their own. Is there any way to change these? One of these PCs is in my bedroom so you can imagine what that's like.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's a very interesting finding as I have been struggling with the same phenomenon and was not able to identify the cause.

I finally found two settings files (there may be more) that schedule a wakeup at that time.
    MediaPortal.Common.Services.MediaManagement.ImporterWorkerSettings.xml
    MediaPortal.Common.Services.TaskScheduler.TaskSchedulerSettings.xml
    @henso, can you comment about the ImporterWorkingSettings? We may have a bug here.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I’m not home until next weekend. I can take look when I’m home again.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @henso,
    Regardless of an active or inactive User Management the behavior stays the same. Deleting MediaPortal.Common.Services.TaskScheduler.TaskSchedulerSettings.xml leads to recreation of the file at the new start of the client app with 2:00 scheduled as wakeup time. Changing the times or the expiration date doesn't help either as reported by @Gcarr, in fact expiration is reset to 9999-12-31 at every start.

I'll move this thread to the Bug section.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Deleting MediaPortal.Common.Services.TaskScheduler.TaskSchedulerSettings.xml leads to recreation of the file at the new start of the client app with 2:00 scheduled as wakeup time
    This is an expected behavior: when settings files are deleted, they will be recreated with the defaults defined in code. For media importer it's 2 o'clock import run that is enabled by default.

On a single seat system this file exists both for client and server. So for testing please open both files in text editor and change "true" to "false" here:
    <Property Name="EnableAutoRefresh">
    <boolean>true</boolean>
    </Property>

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is an expected behavior: when settings files are deleted, they will be recreated with the defaults defined in code. For media importer it's 2 o'clock import run that is enabled by default.
    Yes and no. The file is recreated with the standard settings but in the Client settings the automatic refresh continues to display as "No".

So for testing please open both files in text editor and change "true" to "false" here:
    <Property Name="EnableAutoRefresh">
    <boolean>true</boolean>
    The one on the server was set to "false". I now also changed the one on the clients.

EDIT: As this is only for the importer and share refresh, which is running server-based, I presume that the version on the client has no practical use and should not be there, correct?

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    The one on the server was set to "false". I now also changed the one on the clients.
    Funny, on mine the server was enabled and set to 6am, which is what I had in my Settings. Both clients are still set to 2am. I set false for all 3 of them.
    @HTPCSourcer you asked earlier about whether I was running user management. I initially tried to set it up with users but disabled it. The two users I was setting up still exist though. Should I delete them? I was leaving them there because I thought I might try again when I get more familiar with MP2.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Funny, on mine the server was enabled and set to 6am, which is what I had in my Settings.
    That's the correct behavior. The file in the server part is reflects the what you've defined in the settings (and vice-versa). The automatic refresh is deactivated on my system, hence the file is set to false while the time has always been 2am.

I set false for all 3 of them.
    Did they wake up this night?

The two users I was setting up still exist though. Should I delete them?
    No, the user management is unrelated.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Did they wake up this night?
    Yes, they both woke up at 2am. I don't have time to post logs this morning but I will if you need them after work today.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, they both woke up at 2am.
    Thanks. So setting this to false on the client has unfortunately no effect. We will need to wait for @henso to take a look at the situation when he returns from vacation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom