[fixed] [MP2-811] Forced client wake-up at 2:00 (1 Viewer)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well, that ruled out the the "...importerworkersettings". There is stll the other config file "MediaPortal.Common.Services.TaskScheduler.TaskSchedulerSettings.xml" which is still set to "WakeUpSystem True" I don't know the relationship of those two config files though.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal.Common.Services.TaskScheduler.TaskSchedulerSettings.xml
    I don't know the relationship of those two config files though
    Just checked the logic myself a bit further.

The ImporterWorkerSettings enable/disable the automatic refresh at the given hour. When the Importer runs, it looks for a Task (read from TaskSchedulerSettings) and updates/deletes it depending on ImporterWorkerSettings.
    When the ImporterWorkerSettings were deleted once, I could imaging the old Task remains inside the TaskCollection and a new Task is created. So you might check the TaskSchedulerSettings for duplicate entries (in both client and server config folders). And you can edit the "<WakeupSystem>true</WakeupSystem>" to false.

The wakeup times are controlled by the TaskScheduler class. It considers all known tasks and calculates the next due time of a run (and a wakeup if required).

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When the ImporterWorkerSettings were deleted once, I could imaging the old Task remains inside the TaskCollection and a new Task is created.
    Client PCs don't require such a task as the Importer only runs on the server.

At my side I never had a single-seat setup and only installed the client part on client PC's. Therefore any schedule at the client is meaningless and respective code should IMHO removed.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    At my side I never had a single-seat setup and only installed the client part on client PC's. Therefore any schedule at the client is meaningless and respective code should IMHO removed.
    Have you ever configured client-specific media sources? In this case the client should be online when the server imports such sources.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have you ever configured client-specific media sources?
    No. Also this wouldthen apply to the specific client, right? Not to all three PC's that @Gcarr is using, nor to my own clients that have no local shares.

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I only wanted to point you to other possible use case that are required to be considered, before "removing meaningless code".

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wouldn’t this be better controlled by the server? Local shares are noted there and the pc wake up would be better controlled from there.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Ok so, I now have the single seat client/server and standalone client with all 6 config files set to false (importerworkersettings and taskschedulersettings). Assuming this stops the wakeup, will I now have to somehow manually trigger a share refresh periodically? Or will that happen automatically at some other unscheduled time, like an event maybe?

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    So, my dog woke me up at 1:55am last night. I think the TV waking up at 2 is part of her schedule haha. Anyway, same thing with the settings as listed in my previous post. Attaching the logs.

Attachments

• Client.log
      1.9 MB
    • ClientError.log
      238.9 KB
    • Server.log
      5.7 MB
    • ServerError.log
      60.5 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The one on the server was set to "false". I now also changed the one on the clients.
    This seems to cure the 2:00 wake-up of the client. So the question is if this can be rolled out as "false" in a new client install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom