MP2 and MP1 running together? (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Switch off is not enough - you need to deactivate the MP1 TV Service before installing MP2. To sitch back to MP1 you need to
    a) Deactivate the MP2 Server service
    b) Start the MP1 TvServer service

Anything else about MPExtended doesn't apply anymore.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK...switched of TV service for MP1,
    Installed MP2......opened TV server config for MP2.....only to find MP1 server config running, and all TV channels and settings from MP1 were available.
    Initially....MP2 functions....without channel scan! (That can't be right?)
    Tried switching TV service OFF from config.......but had to go to computer management to make it happen.

Setup has to be idiot proof for me......I've tried this several times since MP2 arrived....and each time, the only way forward is to uninstall MP2 in order to get back to a working MP1.
    I'm not sure what you do from your explanation and which config you mean to switch off the TV-service. If you have MP2 installed and want to use MP1, simply switch off the MP-Server and thats all.
    Right mouse click on the MP Service-Monitor (you find it in the task-bar). Select the entry "Stop Service" (3rd from the top).
    upload_2017-7-29_16-57-43.png

In case you want to use MP2, stop the MP1 TV-Service and start the MP2-Server (2nd entry of Service Monitor). I don't use MP1, but I'd go to Task-Manager -> Processes and just kill the MP1 TV-Server process.

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Switch off is not enough - you need to deactivate the MP1 TV Service before installing MP2. To sitch back to MP1 you need to
    a) Deactivate the MP2 Server service
    b) Start the MP1 TvServer service

Anything else about MPExtended doesn't apply anymore.
    I initially switched off (STOPPED) MP1 TVservice by going to Services (via Computer management) and stopping the service....is that what you mean by deactivate?

Last edited:

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    It depends. Stopping a service doesn't survive a computer restart. After reboot, the service will be active again. You can stop a service but you can also deactivate it - check out the options.
    Options are: Start, stop,pause,resume......nothing resembling 'deactivate'

In startup types.....there is the disable option?

Last edited:

spachti

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2005
    Bible Belt
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Change it from automatic start to manual start. Disabled is also a possibility.
    Ok, that's in windows 7, but should be the same in later versions also.
    Edit:
    You have to do that via control panel>administrative tools>services

Last edited:

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Tried 'Manual' startup for TVServices.....but MP2 TV Server Config shortcut still sends me to (MP1) TVServer Config.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Tried 'Manual' startup for TVServices.....but MP2 TV Server Config shortcut still sends me to (MP1) TVServer Config.
    The TV Configuration GUI for both MP1 and MP2 are idntical. How do you know that it is the one for MP1? If the MP1 service is stopped, you are effectively setting up the SlimTV plugin of MP2 and all is good.

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    The TV Configuration GUI for both MP1 and MP2 are idntical. How do you know that it is the one for MP1? If the MP1 service is stopped, you are effectively setting up the SlimTV plugin of MP2 and all is good.
    The icon on the TVserver config window is same as MP1 server config icon.....and scan results(channels) are already in place.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The icon on the TVserver config window is same as MP1 server config icon.
    The MP2 configuration is called MediaPortal 2 TV Cofiguration and looks differently. Its connection is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTV.Service3\SetupTV.exe":

MP2 Setup.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom