MP2 Client TV no tv provider available (yet) (1 Viewer)

Simon Benwell

Portal Member
August 14, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello I'm getting with MP2 Client when clicking on TV it says "no tv provider available (yet)" ive just installed the client and attached it to the server is there anything else im missing?

Thank you!

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    On the server there should be a MP2 TV Setup icon
    Start it and configure the TV side.
    Once done, the client should then be able to see the TV.
    If not, restart the MP2 Server process and try again

Simon Benwell

Portal Member
    August 14, 2015
    Home Country
    there's a MediaPortal 2 TV Configuration icon with everything is set up but when i try to view on the client it comes up with the message above

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Do you have any other TV software on the server?
    MP1 maybe?
    If you do, go into process control and stop the TV Service

The Setup TV log is full of errors..... Almost looks like another service is running
    The Server ServiceMonitor log is also showing errors

[2015-12-14 21:52:44,165] [MediaPortal.Common.Services.Logging.Log4NetLogger] [27 ] [WARN ] - SystemName: Could not retrieve host alias/address list from DNS
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No such host is known
    at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByAddress(IPAddress address, Boolean includeIPv6)
    at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress)
    at MediaPortal.Common.General.SystemName.InitializeAliases(String hostName)
    [

Simon Benwell

Portal Member
    August 14, 2015
    Home Country
    what are they DNS errors?[DOUBLEPOST=1450133974][/DOUBLEPOST]and there nothing on it but mp2 it is using 8.8.8.8 as dns will that be breaking it?

Last edited:

Simon Benwell

Portal Member
    August 14, 2015
    Home Country
    server is on a static assigned by the firewall client is DHCP but has moved ips do you fancy hopping on and checking the server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
    Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
    Replies
    Views
    Okay, so you should go for the UNC way. I hope this improves your situation.
    Okay, so you should go for the UNC way. I hope this improves your situation.
    Well that's sad because I needed Mediaportal to play TV recordings on different PCs :-( Recorded TV shows play fine on my server...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Client stop opening when asked DE
    @ge2301 Thanks, I just created a batch file with your code and it works perfectly. It should be possible to integrate this into the regular client exe I believe!
    @ge2301 Thanks, I just created a batch file with your code and it works perfectly. It should be possible to integrate this into...
    I am using MediaPortal 2.4.1. I use Mediaportal almost daily but once in a while (a few times a week) the MP2 client stops opening...
    Replies
    Views
    If I understand correctly, your device is combination of DVB-C tuner, router and some web access to play the channels in PC web browser. You can sniff http comunication with the help of Wireshark or Fiddler to determine channel url which can be used to create IPTV channel in TV server. If the url is not static(changes dynamically)...
    If I understand correctly, your device is combination of DVB-C tuner, router and some web access to play the channels in PC web...
    So, I appear to have done a successful install of Media Portal (MP2 vers. 2.5) on my Windows 10 machine but I can't get it to get...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom