MP2 crashes (1 Viewer)

Yani...

Portal Member
June 27, 2018
Home Country
Australia Australia
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2

Description
Crashing after between 1-24 hours. Log files attached.

Steps to Reproduce:
No steps just is occurring after some period of time

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-12-29-12.41.05.zip
    5.1 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I moved you to the general section as I don't think (yet) that we are dealing with a bug.

Crashing after between 1-24 hours.
    The logs show no sign of crash, nor does the WIndows event log. What makes you believe that the server crashed?

Your logs show some strange things:
    [2018-12-29 11:35:15,369] [44233 ] [88 ] [WARN ] - FanArtCache: Error reading fanart directory 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\FanArt\'
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\FanArt'.
    I've never seen this before:
    [2018-12-29 11:35:07,813] [36678 ] [scheduler thread] [ERROR] -
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80030020): A share violation has occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030020 (STG_E_SHAREVIOLATION))
    Your xmltv source is not correctly working:
    [2018-12-29 12:28:34,596] [3243460] [79 ] [INFO ] - xmlTvLastUpdate not found, forcing import String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

Generally speaking, your TV setup appears sub-optimal. Timeshift and Recording paths should be defined as UNC rather than drives. Instaed of J:\RecordedTV you better define a Windows share for this path, e.g. \\RecordedTV and enter this information in the TV Configuration, otherwise you won't be able to delete recordings from another client PC. The same is true for the timeshift path, which might not be accessible by a remote client.

Yani...

Portal Member
    June 27, 2018
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The program (viewer part) crashes as in kills itself then when you restart it fails to connect to the server and the only method I have to deal with it is a reboot.

From the event viewer

Application: MP2-Client.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.Dokan.Native.DokanNativeMethods.DokanMapKernelToUserCreateFileFlags(UInt32, UInt32, UInt32, Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef)
    at Dokan.Proxy.ZwCreateFileProxy(System.String, IntPtr, UInt32, UInt32, UInt32, UInt32, UInt32, MediaPortal.Common.Services.Dokan.DokanFileInfo)

Faulting application name: MP2-Server.exe, version: 2.2.1811.11777, time stamp: 0x5bdb6709
    Faulting module name: dokan1.dll, version: 1.1.0.1000, time stamp: 0x5a1d190a
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00005b0d
    Faulting process ID: 0x10c0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d49e4c7ae26dca
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\MP2-Server.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dokan1.dll
    Report ID: a9af8fbc-bfad-498a-bb33-e7761d6fc1e5
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

System log
    The MediaPortal 2 Server Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    From the event viewer
    My bad, I didn't scroll far enough.

The service crash was at 12:30. Sadly your logs were taken at INFO level. More data is provided if set to DEBUG (from the client setup dialogue).

Last logged action at 12:18 (server3.log):
    [INFO ] - xmlTvLastUpdate not found, forcing import String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

Deactivate xmltv, restart the MP2 Server service ande check if you continue to have troubles. I also suggest that you repair your xmltv part.

Yani...

Portal Member
    June 27, 2018
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Uninstalled and reinstalled, including user files.

It's going OK for a time, 1-24 hours on average then drop the connection between the viewer and the server applications. Is there a way I can get these to reconnect without restarting the computer? That would help me trouble shoot this a lot.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

It's going OK for a time, 1-24 hours on average then drop the connection between the viewer and the server applications. Is there a way I can get these to reconnect without restarting the computer? That would help me trouble shoot this a lot.
    Please set the logs into DEBUG mode and upload after a crash/problem.

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

normally you can reconnect by closing and restarting the MP2 client several times.

Cheers

Blue Max

Yani...

Portal Member
    June 27, 2018
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Got a few days out of it before the connection was lost.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-01-08-11.11.03.zip
      1.4 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    before the connection was lost.
    It's not just losing connection but there is again the sane severe Windows error at 11:00:
    Application: MP2-Server.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.Dokan.Native.DokanNativeMethods.DokanMapKernelToUserCreateFileFlags(UInt32, UInt32, UInt32, Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef)
    at Dokan.Proxy.ZwCreateFileProxy(System.String, IntPtr, UInt32, UInt32, UInt32, UInt32, UInt32, MediaPortal.Common.Services.Dokan.DokanFileInfo)

Faulting module name: dokan1.dll, version: 1.1.0.1000,
    From the above you seem to use Dokan 1.1.0.1000 - however, we are rolling out 1.0.5.1000. Did you install 1.1.0 manually yourself? Please uninstall Dokan 1.1.0, reboot, then reinstall MP 2.2 and chose "Repair". This will install Dokan 1.0.5.

Users who are viewing this thread