MP2-Edit - A MediaPortal 2 Media Library Editor (3 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wow, this seems to work... Thanks. This is something I never had found myself. Looks pretty strange to me.
    Will change this in next version for sure. But my recent code is not ready to release so I can not do this instantly.

BTW...
    Can you make the Exit of MP2-Edit starting backups an option?
    Seeing some of these DB files are going to get real big... might want to leave it to the user to decide
    This manual triggered backup did not raise the number of backups that are kept. For this no extra disk space is wasted. When you leave MP2-Edit you have changed something in the DB. This backup is done to keep your edits safe. The manual triggered backup removes the oldest backup if the given number of backups to keep is exceeded exactly as the automatic one...
    So if you like to have less backups stored just lower the number in the settings and remove one(some) backups manually. Automatically only the oldest backup is removed so if you want to get rid of more than one you can do this by hand and/or in MP2-Edit.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Was looking at the Series part
    Drilled down into Series
    Series_00.jpg

As soon as I click on a single Series for info
    Series_01.jpg

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    I wanted to reduce the # the backups...
    Deleted oldest MP2 backup, Deleted oldest TV backup
    Clicked on the next oldest MP2 backup and when I clicked Delete
    Delete Error.jpg

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    As soon as I click on a single Series for info
    Yes this is an expected behaviour. If you had read the first post (a manual is not ready, but all necessary info is in the first post) you probably could know that the red "x" is an indicator for errors in the Database that need to be corrected prior to do anything else. When you see this red "x" near to the TVDB- ID field, some of the episodes are missing TVDB-ID in database. This is an error during import and needs to be fixed before!!! you can do anything else. Simply click once on "save series" and all episodes will get the proper TVDB-ID. The TVDB-ID is a must for any operation in MP2-Edit (and for showing metadata and/or fanart in MP2 too) so without it nothing is working.

If you have a series without showing an ID at all, you must remove this series from your share and reimport it into MP2 and hope this time it will be found. If not you probably need to change the naming scheme or switch to MKV with metatags or something like that.

By the way, this red "x" also shows up on movie sets, if not all movies will have a TheMovieDB-ID for the movieset. Fix is the same...

Clicked on the next oldest MP2 backup and when I clicked Delete
    This I can not reproduce here, no matter how hard I try. So I don't know what is going wrong...
    Probably it's best to remove all backups with explorer and start again fresh from the beginning...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Went in and clicked each of the Series, any with the Red X I clicked Save and it fixed them
    As for you being able to duplicte the delete error, sorry I cannot help. I do know it happened twice to me.
    I did go in and removed all the backups with explorer.

When the errors happen the application quites bad..... Just dumps out
    Nothing in Event Viewer that I can locate and leaves MP2 Server in a Stopped state.

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Lehmden,

i have two wishes for future releases :)

1. Filter Menu (like moving pictures) to filter seen / unseen movies, etc.
    2. Could you show the Filename of the Movie (real Name). If a movie is recognized wrong, i dont know which files is it.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    1) maybe in a far away future. But atm there are so much important basic things to add, so such "luxury" features are really way down on the todo list. A filter system is a huge amount of developing work and it is not necessary for simply correcting errors in the DB. Maybe later, when there is a way to add media items, groups of movies or series, and something like that to the ML from outside. But this will need a lot of other things to be done before this can be started... As one example, the MP2 Webserver (something development is not even started now) need to be working before we can start using MP2-Edit this way...

2) As I ran out of space already I simply don't know where I can display this (normally useless) information... If I would display this I need to drop an (some) editable field ( s ) or don't show the media Info, both are much more important imho... So this probably will not be added, I fear... The only thinkable space is on top or below the movies list. But for this I need to shorten it, something I don't like too much. And the path is stored in DB with lots of GUID added, so this hardly is readable at all. Need a way to strip down all those unwanted stuff from the query result. Much work for a pretty seldom use- case...

For now you need to name your movies properly and add metatags and/or (soon) .nfo to them. ;) With this you got an 100% hit. Not a single movie out of my 1300 was wrongly recognised. Lots of wrong fanart (so lots of things to work on with MP2-Edit), but the movies themselfs are recognised perfect.

Atm I don't have much time to work on MP2-Edit. So there will be one or two weeks before I can look at this

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom