[solved] MP2 not skipping commercials (1 Viewer)

MikeC

April 25, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I got the comskip setup and it runs and generates the .txt files that show the locations of the commercials. When I playback the video, media portal does not skip the commercials. Pressing the next chapter button does nothing. Has anyone gotten this working on MP2 or am I missing something?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ComSkip support is not yet included in MP2-Client. I never used ComSkip before, but I think it should be possible to read the generated .txt and build chapters by this info. Can you attach such a .txt file so I can take a look?

MikeC

April 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Attached are the files that comskip generates. Thanks.

Attachments

• The Simpsons - SE - Fland Canyon.txt
      129 bytes

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks. I will check how we can add this to MP2 as well. Should be doable with few efforts.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @MikeC,
    I checked the format and how it was handled in MP2. I've added support for reading chapters from .txt-file.

This happens only, if the file doesn't contain own chapter information (like embedded chapters in MKV). The handling might be a bit different to MP1 (have not tried and compared it). In MP2 you should be now able to skip through all cut points, no matter if "cut in" or "cut out".

To try yourself please take a backup of folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\VideoPlayers" and then extract the contained archive into this location.

Also our @Developers and @Testers should check this feature. If it is working ok, it will be part of next weekly build :)

Attachments

• 20160426-VideoPlayers-ComSkip.7z
      872.2 KB

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    Went into Setup Tv, activated ComSkip plugin.
    The ComSkip.exe seems to be missing but there are 2 .dll files
    Am I missing something or is it in fact missing the .exe file?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have not used the TvServer plugin for ComSkip yet. But I think you have to download the exe from http://www.kaashoek.com/files/ and put it into the "right" place.

I tested it only manually by running "comskip.exe recording.ts" from console. The created file could be read correctly and "chapters" were usable for skipping.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Some years ago, I've tried comskip. Those days it only could work with SD TV. Had a look at the homepage and it still only can read Mpeg2. So I'm out here completely as I only watch HD TV...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, the free version doesn't support h.264 and WTV, only the "donators version" does. (I tried a AVC 720p50 recording, it processes only ~25 fps, so it would take twice the runtime to complete :confused:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom