[solved] MP2 not skipping commercials (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @MikeC could you try my extended video player version? Does it work for your files?

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I donated and got the upgraded version of ComSkip.
    I then converted some of my OTA series and configured ComSkip in MP2 setup TV
    Then I installed your new code.
    There are no errors in the logs and everything seems to look good I do not know the keyboard controls to skip pasted the next commercial

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Here is a log from the Paid version of ComSkip.
    I will be scheduling an HD channel to see how it differs

Also, Any idea how I tell it to skip over the commercials?

EDIT:
    Here is a 1920 X 1080 show log - Hot Bench.

Last edited:

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Every time I use the right arrow on the keyboard to advance the recording, I get an error
    [2016-04-30 06:24:39,807] [51517 ] [46 ] [WARN ] - TsVideoPlayer: Failed to seek, hr: 1
    [2016-04-30 06:25:00,951] [72661 ] [90 ] [WARN ] - TsVideoPlayer: Failed to seek, hr: 1

This happens if I do Any number of right arrows, 3 times for 1 min, or 4 times for 3 min.

MikeC

April 25, 2016
    Home Country
    The video player does show the chapters for the commercials for my HD recordings. To skip a commercial block you need to click the next chapter button from the playback controls. There doesn't seem to be a keyboard shortcut for it. Overall it works. Now if we can get it to automatically skip the commercials like MP1 then it would be perfect.

Andrew Warren

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry to resurrect this old thread.... but I'm wondering if the ad skip feature as described above has been merged into the main release? I'm running 2.1.2 at time of writing this, but with comskip files present it doesn't automatically skip the ads, nor does it block them out in the timeline display. Clicking on the "chapter" icon in the timeline controls does however show the comskip generated chapters, and I can select one, and can manually skip with the forward/back chapter buttons in the timeline controls. There doesn't seem to be a keyboard shortcut and the usual buttons on my remote that worked in MP1 don't work in MP2 for chapter skipping.

Is auto commercial skipping likely to make it back into the MP2 client? I really miss it. :(

coolblue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    nähe Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh my mistake again.. it is working.. I see the chapters.. now I must find out how to skip/next chapter with remote buttons.

Last edited:

Andrew Warren

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Do let me know if you figure it out! I ended up reverting to MP1.x and using Kodi for the front end... it all works as expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom