MP2 SlimTv & Server issues: Can not load Assembly - Operation is not supported (1 Viewer)

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    I can not run MP2 because of SlimTV errors.

Attachments

• ClientError.zip
      10.7 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\SlimTv.Client\SlimTv.Interfaces.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
    File name: 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\SlimTv.Client\SlimTv.Interfaces.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.

Can you confirm you did a single-seat install?
    What versions of .NET do you have installed?

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    From install I have chosen Client and server option. So what do you mean single seat? This install is on the same machine.

I use win8ent, it uses .net 4.5 by default. I have not installed any older version.

P.S. MP1 latest 1.5PRE is installed also.

Last edited:

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\SlimTv.Client\SlimTv.Interfaces.dll'
    This could be the equivalent of this in .Net 4.5
    Could you try right clicking on this file with admin rights, then "properties" and at the bottom right click something like "permit" (in German "zulassen") and then try again...

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    Made so. Nope.

Also MP2 server can not be started.

Server log:
    [2013-09-30 13:04:00,041] [485 ] [Main ] [FATAL] - Error starting application
    System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Resources\SlimTv.Resources.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
    File name: 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Resources\SlimTv.Resources.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.

Attachments

• MP2 server error.PNG
      MP2 server error.PNG
      7.1 KB
    Last edited:

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Well, first it was
    SlimTv.Interfaces.dll
    Now you checked that one as permitted and now it doesn't complain about SlimTv.Interfaces.dll anymore but
    SlimTv.Resources.dll
    Mabe you could try to check that one as well as permitted (and whatever else may pop up after that one).

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unzipping with Windows Explorer is the source of all evil :p

If it is a download zip, it remains the (internet) zone information also for the extracted dll/exe, which causes blocking them by .NET runtime. This is a "security feature" by M$, but it really sucks in our case.

Solution: don't use too many M$ tools ;) I recommend 7z and any browser but IE...

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    Well, first it was
    SlimTv.Interfaces.dll
    Now you checked that one as permitted and now it doesn't complain about SlimTv.Interfaces.dll anymore but
    SlimTv.Resources.dll
    Mabe you could try to check that one as well as permitted (and whatever else may pop up after that one).

It still complains :( both - client and server.

You mentioned to make unblocking of .dll with admin rights, but there is no such option (admin rights). May be this is the key?

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    Unzipping with Windows Explorer is the source of all evil :p

If it is a download zip, it remains the (internet) zone information also for the extracted dll/exe, which causes blocking them by .NET runtime. This is a "security feature" by M$, but it really sucks in our case.

Solution: don't use too many M$ tools ;) I recommend 7z and any browser but IE...

THANK YOU!!! It is the MS unzip problems.

Users who are viewing this thread