MPAA ratings (1 Viewer)

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Is there anyway to have the MPAA certification displayed on the screen as a logo from Moving Pictures rather than just as a text field on defaultwide?

Thanks in advance.

Steven :D

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
What i mean is to have these shown in the same style as the current Default Wide media logos and also how would you go about getting them to display?

Thanks

Attachments

• BBFC_12_Rating.png
    BBFC_12_Rating.png
    358.3 KB
  • BBFC_12A_Rating.png
    BBFC_12A_Rating.png
    356.8 KB
  • BBFC_15_Rating.png
    BBFC_15_Rating.png
    359.7 KB
  • BBFC_18_Rating.png
    BBFC_18_Rating.png
    26.4 KB
  • BBFC_PG_Rating.png
    BBFC_PG_Rating.png
    210.5 KB
  • BBFC_R18_Rating.png
    BBFC_R18_Rating.png
    15 KB
  • BBFC_U_Rating.png
    BBFC_U_Rating.png
    11.1 KB
  • BBFC_Uc_Rating.png
    BBFC_Uc_Rating.png
    108 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    If you are able to show "12" as text via for example #MovingPictures.Translation.Certification.Label in a text label, as per <label>#MovingPictures.Translation.Certification.Label</label> then you can use the same value to directly reference a picture via <texture>#MovingPictures.Translation.Certification.Label.png</texture>. This will then look for 12.png and you just have to put the picture you want for that to be present in your Media folder.

You can then also make a "Certification" subfolder inside "Media" and use <texture>Certification\#MovingPictures.Translation.Certification.Label.png</texture>.

A little bit more is needed, such as all the other <control> parts required to display an image, but that is pretty much it. I suggest looking at the wiki guides on how to work with skins to understand the basics of editing skins, but if you pay close attention to how it is done for other aspects of the skin, then you should be able to get a quick grasp of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Check this web page for the informations about he plugin. To fix the issue, I recommend to uninstal and install the plugin again (if you need it).
    Check this web page for the informations about he plugin. To fix the issue, I recommend to uninstal and install the plugin again...
    I've just installed MP 1.31 with Streamed skin, IMDB+ plugin, Moving Pictures and MP-TV Series. First time starting up MP to...
    Replies
    Views
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for your reply. In my configuration this setting is set to "no". To avoid misunderstandings, the MP window size changes on screen resolution changes, MP always fulfills the whole screen. Also, the home screen buttons size is adjusted. Only the font size is not adjusted to the new screen resolution.
    Thanks for your reply. In my configuration this setting is set to "no". To avoid misunderstandings, the MP window size changes on...
    I use two monitors - a large display for TV and video watching and a small display for music playback, to get the current track...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom