Retired Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Peter,
    According to your points:

1: When it becomes less responsive? (Did you set the Log- Level to Error or none? That may cause such behaviour in MP)

2+3: EPG is not really working in this version and will be with more and correct working functions in Version 0.9.7. We had to include it, to get the rec indicator working.

4: Which Skin are you using? Titan or Titan-WS? In current version there is a small bug with 4x3 Skins, when the Background picture is bigger than 1024x768. A Fix will come soon.

5: Which Skin do you use in MP? You can easily change the direction of the Buttons with the built-in SkinEditor. Just change the size and Position of the “ListControl” in the Dialogs and choose Horizontal instead of Vertical Direction.

Cheers,
    Richy

Samdezwam

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Great plugin!

1 problem I'm experiencing is that sometimes the connection is lost. When I choose reconnect, the connection recovers immediatly.
    I have no idea why this is happening (simple dual screen setup with zalman hd160xt plus case). When it happens it is mostly in the first 10 minutes of using mediaportal (when in the menu). Once I'm listening to or watching something, the problem does not occur.

Would it be possible to have a function like auto-reconnect?

mpd log is attached.

Regards,
    Sam

Attachments

• MPDisplay.zip
      2.6 KB

christix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2008
    Skepplanda
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!
    I don't now if I am stupid, but I can't activate "ClassicHome", instead of "BasicHome" in plugin config. I can change it in config
    but it has no effect. It's still "BasicHome". Any clue, someone?

Christer
    What do you mean with: it is still there. Can you make a screenshot please?
    I made the attached one right after start of MP and MPD++.

EDIT: Otherwise - if you never need the BasicHome Screen, delete it. Just take a look into the ClassicHome xml to see if there is, in line 3, "<IsDefault>true</IsDefault>"

Hi!
    I have tried that too, but no succés.
    I open MPD Settings, and there is the info about whitch skin is used and marked as default. In this case it is BasicHome I disable the default status, and click the pen that opens the config of the skinsettings. I change from BasicHome, ID 0, to ClassicHome, ID 2, and Close the screen. I get the question
    if i wont to use the Changes i made and i confirm that. Then in the settings window it states that BasicHome is still default.

I have tried earlier the trick with editing the ClassicHome to "true", and the BasicHome to "false", with no change in settings. BasicHome is
    still there as default skin. Don't no what to trie next. Greateful for ideas.

//Christer

Wondermusic

• Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't know what to say... This is impossible?!

Problem is - I'm not @home this week!
    Only thing you can test in the meanwhile is to download the newer Version from GIT. I don't know if it's the latest build, but I added options for cases like yours.
    If this is still not working there must be something else with your mpdisplay++ installation.

Cheers,
    Richy

Wondermusic

• Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Christer,

any news? Did you had the chance to test the Version from GIT?
    Please let me know if it solved your Problem. Thanks...

Cheers,
    Richy

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Peter,
    According to your points:

1: When it becomes less responsive? (Did you set the Log- Level to Error or none? That may cause such behaviour in MP)

2+3: EPG is not really working in this version and will be with more and correct working functions in Version 0.9.7. We had to include it, to get the rec indicator working.
    Cheers,
    Richy
    Hi Richy,

Thanks for your quick response!
    1) it was on 'Error' and switching it to 'none' causes a crash.
    2) that's a pity because checking the EPG is used a lot here and since it mostly to see what's on and if interesting to record, this is done without switching on the tv.
    I uninstalled MPD for now but will keep an eye on the project!

Happy holidays!

Last edited:

christix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2008
    Skepplanda
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hey Christer,

any news? Did you had the chance to test the Version from GIT?
    Please let me know if it solved your Problem. Thanks...

Cheers,
    Richy

Hi Richy!!
    I am struggeling with the different files, trying to find a mix that works.
    There is different issues all time...for ex. when i reboot the system MPD++ does not load with MP,
    but if I go to standby mode from there, and then wake it up, MPD++ loads, and is fully functional.
    It's a mess, and I think I better start from scratch with a frech windows-installation etc. I don't trust
    it after all uppgrades of MP, and so on. This installation is about two years old, so I think the time has come.

I let you now if there is any different behavior after reinstall.

Marry Xmas everybody!!!

Christer

Wondermusic

• Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @christix
    This seems to be a good idea, bad, right before christmas, but this should work. There was someone else (can't remember who it was) who had problems with his old installation and after a fresh install of the whole system, everythings worked.

@all
    There is a new StreamedMP Mod by diskeeper available!
    Screenshots
    Download

Cheers and merry Christmas to all of you,
    Richy

Samdezwam

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Great plugin!

1 problem I'm experiencing is that sometimes the connection is lost. When I choose reconnect, the connection recovers immediatly.
    I have no idea why this is happening (simple dual screen setup with zalman hd160xt plus case). When it happens it is mostly in the first 10 minutes of using mediaportal (when in the menu). Once I'm listening to or watching something, the problem does not occur.

Would it be possible to have a function like auto-reconnect?

mpd log is attached.

Regards,
    Sam

A complete reinstall of mediaportal solved this (and other) issues :)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you guys!
    Sam

Wondermusic

• Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've uploaded a small Hotfix for both Titan Skins.
    I added Details Screen for the built-in Video Player and added some more Options (BasicHomeScreens, ClassicHome, Touch, Notouch)

Download can be found in our Hotfix Section on our Website.

The Skin Essential will delay a bit, because I still have some Visible Issues I can't fix without sa_ddam. He seem's to be in holiday... ;)

Cheers,
    Richy

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom