MPGrooveshark Plugin (Stream Music) - Version v0.5.1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam_purkis

Portal Pro
May 10, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: MPGrooveshark Plugin - Alpha v0.2.0

hmm, well i just reinstalled my SAF codecs, and i installed xfactor along with the default skins provided with this plugin, and i still have the same problem.

i was wondering if it might be due to the fact that i am currently in slovakia, and maybe the site doesnt have permissions to use the songs here. but i tested on both grooveshark and tinysong websites, and all songs play fine there. any ideas what could be going wrong? :confused: i'd love to get this plugin working because it looks amazing :D i'll try restarting my computer again since ive played around with the codecs, but don't think it will help.

thanks in advance :)

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

hmm, well i just reinstalled my SAF codecs, and i installed xfactor along with the default skins provided with this plugin, and i still have the same problem.

i was wondering if it might be due to the fact that i am currently in slovakia, and maybe the site doesnt have permissions to use the songs here. but i tested on both grooveshark and tinysong websites, and all songs play fine there. any ideas what could be going wrong? :confused: i'd love to get this plugin working because it looks amazing :D i'll try restarting my computer again since ive played around with the codecs, but don't think it will help.

thanks in advance :)

hi adam ! just to be sure did you instal the Adobe Flash Plugin (Latest version) ?

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England

I reported earlier, that I also experienced no sound in Grooveshark plugin - but I do have sound from Mediaportal.

Have 2 Mediacenters, with same Windows 7 installation+MP 1.1 RC6. (One is working, while the other has no sound)

No codecs installed or anything(even tried with SAF 5.0, but also that could not fix it.)

Adobe flash plugin is installed.

Think this is maybe related to Hardware.

Both my Mediacenters is running HDMI through graphics card adapter. The one working is a ATI 4xxx series, the other is a Nvidia 8600GT.

Tried the analog outputs, but still no sound.

I have submitted an issue to the Project page about this: Issue 3 - mpgrooveshark - No sound playing - Project Hosting on Google Code

Can you please provide more info on your hardware/sound setup to above thread. Maybe this is nvidia HDMI related?!?

/Morten

adam_purkis

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2008
    Home Country

i can't be sure of my sound card right now, but what i do know is that i'm not running through HDMI, i'm currently just using a standard analog cable, no spdif or anything like that.

but my problem seems to be exactly the same as yours, i hear the mediaportal ticks like you reported, the timer starts counting, but no sound is played for a song

EDIT: i've just had a quick check whilst nobody was watching anything, and i think the soundcard is Realtek? so might not be an NVIDIA problem.. and definitly not a HDMI problem

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi,

Thank you for all feedback and especially the issue reports on the Google code site. This helps me a lot and I really appreciate it. I think I have solved the "no sound" problem and a new version 0.3.0 has just been uploaded. Please test it and let me know if it works.

best regards
    cul8er

adam_purkis

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Re: MPGrooveshark Plugin - Alpha v0.3.0

brilliant can't wait to try it in the morning will let you know how it goes :)

adam_purkis

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2008
    Home Country

Hi,

Thank you for all feedback and especially the issue reports on the Google code site. This helps me a lot and I really appreciate it. I think I have solved the "no sound" problem and a new version 0.3.0 has just been uploaded. Please test it and let me know if it works.

best regards
    cul8er

ok i've just installed the new version and it works i can play songs now thanks :D :D time to have a bit of a play around with it now :) looks great from my quick try though, glad its working

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

hi cul8er ! abut alpha v0.3.0 , no fanart ....

all work o.k only no fan art .....

WIN XP PRO ,MP 1.1.0 Final .

i get this error massge :
    2010-07-24 01:05:48.765625 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
    at MPGrooveshark.MPGrooveshark.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.SendMessage(GUIMessage message)

thanks .

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

hi ...
    i mack a backdrop for mpgrooveshark plugin ....

the orginal picture from the grooveshark website . i just edit it a little .....

@cul8er i got the fanart working ...:) but still get the same error message as last post ...can you check it ?

Attachments

• mpgrooveshark.png
      mpgrooveshark.png
      853.5 KB

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany

cul8er,

works great here (0.3.0)

tomtom

If the api is capable of this, i'd have 2 future feature suggestions for you.
    1) display grooveshark standard playlist "popular"
    2) access grooveshark account and display standard playlist "recent" and indivudual playlists, maybe resubmit the played songs

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom