MPGrooveshark Plugin (Stream Music) - Version v0.5.1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: MPGrooveshark Plugin - Alpha v0.3.0

Hi tomtom21000,

Thank you for your feedback. Grooveshark has an internal API but this is not official and they do not want it to be used. They can even ban ip adresses that use it. I have used the tinysong API that is official instead. This API is very limited. I have no way of accessing anything more than search a song and return result and then play. This limited API does not even allow me to determine duration of a song (wich other users have found out and reported as errors).

best regards
    cul8er

marson

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2007
    uk
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Many thanks for this plugin, been looking forward to trying it out
    But i'm still having trouble after installing MPGrooveshark Plugin - Alpha v0.3.0 ,
    There is still no sound , the timer starts counting, but no sound is played for a song

Also when i save a MPGrooveshark playlist, it is saved to my music folder, which lists all my music, is this correct

Is anyone else still having this problem ...

windows 7
    freash install MediaPortal 1.1.0 Final
    skin . Blue3wide & xfactor
    nvidia geforce 8600gs
    realtek high definition audio

adam_purkis

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2008
    Home Country

i haven't tried saving playlists yet, so i can't comment on that part of your problem.

however, about the sound, i noticed there is maybe a 5 second delay until it starts playing sound, i assume whilst it is buffering. have you made sure you leave it playing for a little while and see if it kicks in after a little bit longer? if you have then i don't know. but might be worth a try just in case for some reason it is taking a long time to buffer. good luck :)

marson

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2007
    uk
    Home Country

H'i adam_purkis , thanks for your reply
    No it not the buffering, the song starts to play as soon as you click it
    The timer starts and at the end of the song ,it move on the the next track in the list
    Everything works but for no sound , play, save playlist , load playlist , even fanart works

Not sure if it anything to do with where it saves the playlist, where are they saved on yours

attatched the two files created from save playlist elvis , these are saved in my music folder

Attachments

• playlist.rar
      1.4 KB

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

I am also suffering the "no sound" issue on my Ibm t400 laptop :( (conexant 20561)

adam_purkis

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2008
    Home Country

just a question, but when you updated to 0.3, did you do an uninstall of the previous version, or did you update over the top? (i'm not sure if this would affect it or not, but just offering any ideas i can think of haha..)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi,

If you open the mpgrooveshark log and take one of the song's urls and try playing it in Windows Media Player. Does it play and you get sound?

best regards
    cul8er

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England

Same here - As I posted on google code, the links works just fine in IE & WMP, but no sound.

Have compared my 2 setups, and found nothing in difference regarding to OS, Flashplayer plugin, IE setting or WMP settings......

The above user mentiones Nvidia 8600 GS......that is close to my GT edition with HDMI output. Has the GS version HDMI as well?

Maybe this can be somewhat related to the realtek drivers on the Nvidia Graphics cards.......I will try updating my drivers and return.

UPDATE:
    Updated both Nvidia drivers and updated HD Audio driver from microsoft to Realtek HDMI audio driver.

None worked.....:-( Also another complete reinstall of MePo & MPGrooveshark did not solve it. (With deleting program folders+SQL database)

Also - Background images is not working..........Only get image in lower left corner.

marson

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2007
    uk
    Home Country

I saved one song, ABC The look of love , to a playlist and this is how the songs full url looks

Code:
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:192160,ABC-The Look of Love#ABC#Look of Love: The Very Best of ABC#http://listen.grooveshark.com/songWidget.swf?hostname=cowbell.grooveshark.com&style=metal&p=1&songID=7361599
    http://listen.grooveshark.com/songWidget.swf?hostname=cowbell.grooveshark.com&style=metal&p=1&songID=7361599

pasting the url
    Code:
    http://listen.grooveshark.com/songWidget.swf?hostname=cowbell.grooveshark.com&style=metal&p=1&songID=7361599

will play with sound in browser and windows media player

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom