MPsp Skin V1.0 (1 Viewer)

What Color would you like to see included in MPsp Next

• Total voters

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Just out of curiosity. Is anyone besides me, scheduling daily color changes?

I highly recommend it. I havent fired up mediaportal today. I wonder what color ill see tonight...hehe(i forgot what i had scheduled..i love surprises)

I´d really love to, but

for this I have to set up the scheduler, for which I need a user and password, that I don´t want to enter on every start of the htpc...
    I guess in 1-2 hours I could manage to set this up, but haven´t had the time.

I´d prefer if it could be done from within mp with a little code. don´t know if it is possible to change colours, delete the packed gfx files without closing mp. Maybe it would be possible, if it was called early in the startup process.

You´d "only" need to interest a programmer in the topic.

Would also bring the full potential of the skin to users with less technical skills.

tomtom

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I got it man!

Dear drowhunter, maybe I wrote this a bit mistakable.
    I do use MP 0.2.2 (I tried SVN, but it came out like compiled MP is absolutely not stable on my machine!) but tried any mpsp version (1.x). Btw. the "trick" with changing the version number in references.xml worked out fine! Now, lovely hazel mpsp with another colour on sunday ;-)
    Thanks for all...!:D

drowhunter

Portal Pro
    April 29, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    Fantastic skin!! (changing the backgrounds keeps things interesting) I noticed an isusue with mssing xml when I tried to schedule a recording that had a conflict, any chance you couls look into that please?

cheers
    Paul

yeah ill look into that. You guys are the source for bug reports. I might not find them otherwise.

drowhunter

Portal Pro
    April 29, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    Just out of curiosity. Is anyone besides me, scheduling daily color changes?

I highly recommend it. I havent fired up mediaportal today. I wonder what color ill see tonight...hehe(i forgot what i had scheduled..i love surprises)

I´d really love to, but

for this I have to set up the scheduler, for which I need a user and password, that I don´t want to enter on every start of the htpc...
    I guess in 1-2 hours I could manage to set this up, but haven´t had the time.

I´d prefer if it could be done from within mp with a little code. don´t know if it is possible to change colours, delete the packed gfx files without closing mp. Maybe it would be possible, if it was called early in the startup process.

You´d "only" need to interest a programmer in the topic.

Would also bring the full potential of the skin to users with less technical skills.

tomtom

I have the solution to all your problems. And its not as technical as you think.

Go ahead and set up a user password. You can set windows to login automatically.

ALl you have to do is

go to the Start/Run command on your taskbar

1) type in control uspasswords2 then hit enter

2) Uncheck , users must enter a password to use this computer

3) When it asked choose your account as the default account to login as.

Just like that your done! And you are free to use the wonderful auto changing backgrounds.

I will probably add this trick to the read me.

hehe Speak up folks, I may have solutions to other problems, too. like ..
    ..how do I get rid of male pattern baldness?
    ..does my spouse have a thing for my cousins, older brother?
    ..how can I get the most out of my home equity loan?

ah.....nevermind...I'll just stick to solving problems related to mediaportal...heh

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    I have the solution to all your problems.

1) type in control uspasswords2 then hit enter

I will probably add this trick to the read me.

O.K, thank you very much. This tip saved me some time!!!

But if you add it to your read me please change 1) to:

1) type in "control userpasswords2" then hit enter

;) :D ;)

All-in-all it still took 60 minutes

10 minutes to find out about the typo
    25 minutes because me idiot created a new user before realising that all my settings were gone and I only should have added a password to the administrator account I use, and getting rid of the new user.
    25 minutes to set up the schedules.

Don´t get me wrong, i am not complaining and used to spend *cough* "some" hours on mp. (It can be done in 10 minutes, if you already have a password protected account).
    I still think it would kick-ass if some sort of background changer could be integrated into mp.
    Everything else is not suitable for more unexperienced users.

So I understand I need to close mp to get the background change working. It won´t work if mp is running and htpc only hibernates between days?

Thanks for your excellent skin

tomtom

P.S.: Maybe you add the background change info also to your post #1

avreo

January 23, 2007
    i use this skin for almost one month and it works perfect. And i like it the most so far.

just one thing, does anyone have the home skin base background animated?

i mean in the folder animations/waves, there are 3 pictures and that supposed to give the background waves animation, yet strange they never work with me, do i have to change or do a thing to get them moving?

drowhunter

Portal Pro
    April 29, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    i use this skin for almost one month and it works perfect. And i like it the most so far.

just one thing, does anyone have the home skin base background animated?

i mean in the folder animations/waves, there are 3 pictures and that supposed to give the background waves animation, yet strange they never work with me, do i have to change or do a thing to get them moving?

Ya, dont worry about that, the animations must have been accidently left in there. To date i havent got background animation. I was experimenting with some ideas on how to pull it off, but it looked crappy so i scrapped the idea.

someday though....

im 1/2 way done the 16:9 version of mpsp1.7.....stay tuned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom