Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just tried MPstandbyHandler2 Beta05 with,

On Suspend;

TV ServiceStop

On Resume;

MediaportalStart

TVServiceStart

HardwareDeviceRestart for both TV tuners.

Seems to work fine, however if you add MediaportalStop to On Suspend, MediaPortal does not restart, as you already know.

Have added a Word Document with copies of the information from GUI log, and MediaPortal log.

Will set scheduled recordings for tomorrow, off to try the latest SVN.

I already said MP start does not work. I am working on a solution.
    Plz be patient...

COOL IT DUDE, really appreciate your work, as I have already stated, if it was not for Your MPstandbyHandler1.0.0.10, my you beaut HTPC would not have the scheduling capabilities of a $50.00 VCR. BTW, say hello to Ray, Mr P Delusion, for me!

Everything is fine :) Maybe i misunderstood you.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    josch.hh

Just trying your "Service" version, seems to be working a treat, never have MP restart anyway, so that part does not effect me.

Will see if everythings works with the settings i have consistantly, and post pics of my configuration once it has run for a 24hr period with lots of standbys, just to give others a how to setup start.

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    josch.hh

Just trying your "Service" version, seems to be working a treat, never have MP restart anyway, so that part does not effect me.

Will see if everythings works with the settings i have consistantly, and post pics of my configuration once it has run for a 24hr period with lots of standbys, just to give others a how to setup start.

OK. I am still working on a MP restart solution. I worry it will end up as two executables doing the jobs. The service can do all the stuff which needs admin rights and the other one will do all user related things like stopping and start a user specific application like MP.
    I am sure someone already realized that the service can't stop MP the soft way. Only killing works. This has to do with the fact that it is windows service running with "localsystem" rights.

BTW, you never restart MP? Do you have a single seat installation? Nether had problems with MP always running?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    BTW, you never restart MP? Do you have a single seat installation? Nether had problems with MP always running?

MP's killed prior to standby, this is a singleseat setup, if MP stays running during standby it crashes on resume, if left for a couple of seconds can then start MP fine, this is most probably a combination of my shitty hauppauge T500 drivers (takes a good 15 secs to initialise) and my wireless network.

Will be on RC3 later tonight so will let you know how it works with that.

User 04

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    MPstandbyHandler2 Beta05 with mediaportal-svn-10-02-2008--19-45-Rev20372, used in conjunction with MP, and TVS, Power Scheduler's,

On Suspend;
    TV ServiceStop

On Resume;
    TVServiceStart

Works

MPstandbyHandler2 Beta05 with mediaportal-svn-10-02-2008--19-45-Rev20372, used in conjunction with MP, and TVS, Power Scheduler's,

On Suspend;
    TV ServiceStop

On Resume;
    TVServiceStart
    HardwareDeviceRestart for both TV tuners

Works

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On Suspend;

TV ServiceStop

Does this also work for waking up the PC from standby for recording? With other tools I have tested before I missed my recordings because the PC did not resume automatically...

Would be good ....

User 04

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    MPstandbyHandler2 Beta05 with mediaportal-svn-10-02-2008--19-45-Rev20372

I use it in conjunction with MP, and TVS, Power Scheduler's.

System goes in and out of Hibernation as scheduled.

Currently trying MPstandbyHandler2 Beta05 on my Office Computer.

See also, https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-rc2-svn-builds-280/hibernation-issue-44691/.

Office Computer, a Coolermaster 690 chassis using;

Windows XP with Service Pack 3

Asus M3A78-EH AM2+ AMD780G HT5200

AMD Athlon™ 64 6000+AM2 Processor Retail Dual Core AM2

DDR2 2048MB(2x1G)PC6400 800Mhz Blue Heatspreader 4-4-4-12 G.Skill

Asus GF9500 512M Magic PCIE2.0 DVI-I HDCP HDMI

Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio Retail

X-Sonic SIL3124 32 Bit SATA2 Raid PCI Card (2xeSATA/2xSATA)

Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4, green pcb card and MediaPortal RC2, SVN 10-02-2008, 19-45-Rev20372.

Zwalek

October 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

First of all… for this tool… Good Job!!!!. But will it work with Vista 64?. I installed the tool like you discribe (Beta02). There is a problem with configuring my Technotrend S2-3200. I like to use the option restaring my DVB-S2 card on resume. I can not select my DVB-S card in the MpstandbyHandlerGui / HardwareDeviceRestart, because the box for the hardware is total empty. I’m running another system with Vista 32 and there is a list of all hardware divices. Is there another way to select my tv card??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom