MPstandbyHandler (2 Viewers)

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Mmmmm, don't know what it is at the moment.... i will look into it later... maybe you can do some special beta testing for me?

User 04

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Only too glad to help!

Particularly as scheduling recordings successfully is of great interest to me, although as already documented, my HTPC is working very nicely, thanks to your MPstandybyHandler.

Do you think you should highlight your program in another section of the MediaPortal forum, so that you get a wider spectrum of input.

J-B-N

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I can't resist to give some positive input. josch.hh the new Beta4 looks amazing. I will give it some testing over the next couple of days.

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi josch.hh

Only too glad to help!

Particularly as scheduling recordings successfully is of great interest to me, although as already documented, my HTPC is working very nicely, thanks to your MPstandybyHandler.

Am signing off now, it is 2.30 AM in Australia.

Do you think you should highlight your program in another section of the MediaPortal forum, so that you get a greater spectrum of input.

I dont use MP/TVS to do recordings, so what is wrong with your scheduled recordings? What do you think that Mpsh should do for the recordings? Are there any errors? Are there special settings needed?

J-B-N

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I can't resist to give some positive input. josch.hh the new Beta4 looks amazing. I will give it some testing over the next couple of days.

I just tried over night and seem to need help with the configuration (?). The service seems not to start MP again after resume. With the error:
    "2008-10-02 06:26:36 - Info Process Start - Det går inte att starta processen eftersom inget filnamn har angetts.". Translation: Can't start the process because no filename has been given.

It works if I prest "test resume".

I also provide the a screenshot of the common window, where I think I have given the correct filename?

Attachments

• MPsh.png
      MPsh.png
      44 KB

User 04

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Only too glad to help!

Do you think you should highlight your program in another section of the MediaPortal forum, so that you get a wider spectrum of input.

I dont use MP/TVS to do recordings, so what is wrong with your scheduled recordings? What do you think that Mpsh should do for the recordings? Are there any errors? Are there special settings needed?

Cannot think of anything that you have not already included.

Scheduled recordings, and going in and out of Hibernation, are working fine using MPstandbyHandler1.0.0.10.

Maybe with the TV tuners, have your software restart, only if not already running. Would possibly solve the problem of the occassional dropped tuner. I don't think this is a particular problem with my setup. From reading the forums, the dropped Tuner problem seems to be more associated with the USB type tuners, and the DVICO Dual Digital 4 is of this type.

zeebee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    Hi,

I have a problem with the Standby. As soon as I go to standby from MediaPortal 1 RC2 (either PowerScheduler or button from MP menu) the pc just suspends without caring about closing MediaPortal (which I specified). On resumeMP crashes and I get warnings from the standby handler:
    02.10.2008 12:17:27 - Warning OnResume - OnResume called but not suspended
    02.10.2008 12:17:28 - Info PowerEvent: ResumeSuspend
    02.10.2008 12:17:28 - Warning OnResume - OnResume called but not suspended
    02.10.2008 12:17:47 - Warning Process Stop - Unable to terminate MediaPortal (id:1480)
    02.10.2008 12:17:47 - Info Process Stop - Trying to KILL MediaPortal (20s) (id:1480)

I dont know if this is a problem regarding the standby handler, but the same error occours for version 1.0.0.10 and 2 beta4.

Hope you can help me! I am using Vista 32Bit SP1.

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    zeebee
    I am working on it. I still have a big problem with starting MP via a windows service....
    MP can't be run from a process/service with "localSystem" ower rights.
    .... [working] ...

Splog

Portal Member
    September 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    hi josch.hh, just wanted to say thanks for the program.

I've just finally gotten round to setting my media pc up for hibernate and this has been ideal for my purposes.

running xp sp2, using settings on resume: kill tv service, wait for lan, start tv service. works a charm.

thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom