MPstandbyHandler (1 Viewer)

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Like in an earlier post i said that it can be possible to do the things that devcon does with C#.
    I am no friend of systemcalls and watching the stdout after a systemcall can only be a workaround because apps like devcon can't be controlled like coding this stuff the right way with fully integration.

I will see what i can do. ... but what you want will take some time, because i will have rewrite many things.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Like in an earlier post i said that it can be possible to do the things that devcon does with C#.

Is that part still included in the source code? I've downloaded it yesterday but had not much time to look deeply into the sources.

I would modify the sources myself, at least the order of execution of external apps.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have just now downloaded the sources and added the optional stdout /reboot handling. It works (too good, rebootet my pc ;-))
    Now I add an option when to start the external command.

Your sourcecode made the modifications easy, good work!

I can test my build today at home and will post my modifications here.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here are my modifications:

I added 2 new properties:
    - Delay custom command after TVService Stop (yes/no)
    - Watch STDOUT of custom command for a string, reboot if matched

It's not fully tested yet, because I do not have MP installed here. Please report errors or suggestions.

Big thanks to josch.hh for the good source code.

User 04

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks for this excellent piece of software.

Makes the RC series of MediaPortal as reliable, with scheduled recordings, as the good old MediaPortal 0.2.3.0.

Should be included as standard with MediaPortal, particularly the ability to stop and restart the TV Server on suspend/resume.

I have the software setup with basic settings.

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for this excellent piece of software.

Makes the RC series of MediaPortal as reliable, with scheduled recordings, as the good old MediaPortal 0.2.3.0.

Should be included as standard with MediaPortal, particularly the ability to stop and restart the TV Server on suspend/resume.

I have the software setup with basic settings.

You haven't seen the new version i am working on. Completly rewritten as system service with modular suspend and resume jobs and hopefully with the ability to restart a hardware-device like dvb-card.

Will take a few days to get it ready but i think you will like it.

User 04

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    You haven't seen the new version i am working on. Completly rewritten as system service with modular suspend and resume jobs and hopefully with the ability to restart a hardware-device like dvb-card.

Will take a few days to get it ready but i think you will like it.

Just reiterating, since upgrading my system with the MPstandbyHandler my HTPC has been working faultlessly.

Have not had any more TV Server generated errors, after going in and out of Hibernation, such as Connection to TV service lost, Label Missing and the like. In fact my HTPC has not generated any more error messages at all.

Just working away, doing it's job, and actually allowing me to enjoy using it, instead of wondering when the next interface type problem would occur.

Thanks again!

I also have Control Panel/Performance and Maintenance/Administrative Tools/Services/TV Service/Properties/Recovery, enabled to Restart the Service after 1 minute if this service fails, but I doubt if this is ever needed, but good as a backup.

adams79

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2008
    Josch your utility is excellent.. If you'll add also the support to resume the pc before a scheduled recording, we are able to don't use the standard (bugged) powerscheduler....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom