MPstandbyHandler (3 Viewers)

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a similar problem,

testing configuration works, bu when I put the system on standby and then resume it,
    MP wont' start, with the log entry:
    Code:
    30.9.2008 17:35:10 - Info	Process Start - Der Prozess kann nicht gestartet werden, da ein Dateiname nicht angegeben wurde.
    30.9.2008 17:35:10 - Info	OnResume - Done

even though everything is configured correctly.
    All other settings(Jobs) work fine though.

[edit]
    also: External commands are not executed for the same reason, even thoug configured correctly....

cheers

User 04

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    I am having trouble trying to install MpStandbyhandlerService, see attached screen print.

Thanks, works fine, logs attached.

Without trying, is it now ready to be tested with MediaPortal, in a real life situation?

Just did some more testing, successfully started MediaPortal when not initially running and successfully stopped and restarted MediaPortal, plus TV Server and TV Tuners.

User 04

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Just added stopping and restarting MediaPortal to the equation, using a real life hibernation test.

Generated the Watchdog message MediaPortal crashed unexpectedly. Also MediaPortal did not restart.

Taking stop MediaPortal on suspend out of the equation, everything works fine.

Personally, this does not affect me, as I do not stop and restart MediaPortal, only the TV Server.

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi josch.hh,

I am having trouble trying to install MpStandbyhandlerService, see attached screen print.

Thanks josh.hh, works fine, logs attached.

Without trying, is it now ready to be tested with MediaPortal, in a real life situation?

Looks like it is going to be an excellent utility.

Just did some more testing, successfully started MediaPortal when not initially running and successfully stopped and restarted MediaPortal, plus TV Server and TV Tuners.

Yes, i have to implement that MP/TVS is only started if they were not running before.

Hi josch.hh,

Just added stopping and restarting MediaPortal to the equation, using a real life hibernation test.

Generated the Watchdog message MediaPortal crashed unexpectedly. Also MediaPortal did not restart.

Taking stop MediaPortal on suspend out of the equation, everything works fine.

Personally, this does not affect me, as I do not stop and restart MediaPortal, only the TV Server.

Your log says that your system seems to have problems to stop MP the smooth way. I have seen this before, but i can not reproduce this on my maschine. There is also another problem with your Hardware restart. Your log says that you have problems with the hardware restart. Can you boot your maschine and check again?

User 04

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    I noticed the issue with the hardware when I looked at the log, but got caught on the phone before I could document this.

Just completed a restart and had the same issue. After/during hibernation I do have a black screen for about 15 seconds before the MediaPortal screen appears, but am able to view a TV channel. I have not checked Device Manager straight after hibernation.

I have on Suspend to stop TV service, on Resume to restart MP, TVS, and TV Tuners, will try without the restarting MP configuration.

I am still testing this on my Office Computer.

Just retried without restarting MP cofiguration, MP started virtually straight away after hibernation, but hardware still a problem.

Just looking at the different way the hardware restart is being handled in the GUI test situation;

1/10/2008 10:12:07 PM :: Info :: HardwareDeviceRestart - Trying to restart: FusionHDTV USB, AVStream Capture (DVBT-DUAL)
    1/10/2008 10:12:09 PM :: Info :: HardwareDeviceRestart - Device successfully disabled: FusionHDTV USB, AVStream Capture (DVBT-DUAL)
    1/10/2008 10:12:09 PM :: Info :: HardwareDeviceRestart - Waiting 3s before trying to enable: FusionHDTV USB, AVStream Capture (DVBT-DUAL)
    1/10/2008 10:12:18 PM :: Info :: HardwareDeviceRestart - Device successfully enabled again: FusionHDTV USB, AVStream Capture (DVBT-DUAL)
    1/10/2008 10:12:18 PM :: Info :: HardwareDeviceRestart - Trying to restart: FusionHDTV USB, AVStream Capture (DVBT-DUAL)
    1/10/2008 10:12:25 PM :: Info :: HardwareDeviceRestart - Device successfully disabled: FusionHDTV USB, AVStream Capture (DVBT-DUAL)
    1/10/2008 10:12:25 PM :: Info :: HardwareDeviceRestart - Waiting 3s before trying to enable: FusionHDTV USB, AVStream Capture (DVBT-DUAL)
    1/10/2008 10:12:34 PM :: Info :: HardwareDeviceRestart - Device successfully enabled again: FusionHDTV USB, AVStream Capture (DVBT-DUAL)

and the real life situation;

1/10/2008 9:58:00 PM - Info HardwareDeviceRestart - Trying to restart: FusionHDTV USB, AVStream Capture (DVBT-DUAL)
    1/10/2008 9:58:01 PM - Warning HardwareDeviceRestart - Error restarting device System.String[]: Failed to enumerate device tree!
    1/10/2008 9:58:01 PM - Info HardwareDeviceRestart - Trying to restart: FusionHDTV USB, AVStream Capture (DVBT-DUAL)
    1/10/2008 9:58:02 PM - Warning HardwareDeviceRestart - Error restarting device System.String[]: Failed to enumerate device tree!
    1/10/2008 9:58:02 PM - Info OnResume - Done

Your log says that your system seems to have problems to stop MP the smooth way. I have seen this before, but i can not reproduce this on my maschine.

Just a query, I did have the MCE Standby Tool, mst09091, installed on this computer and even though it has been uninstalled, I think there are elements of the program remaining. This computer will now only go into Hibernation, even when selecting Standby.

I had the same problem with my HTPC and completed a reinstall of the OS, for this, and other reasons.

I can restore this computer to a previous version using Save and Restore, but would prefer not to have to do this.

Is there any possibility of a conflict happening here?

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For the hardware device restart problem -> Try to set a delay of (for example) 60s, just for testing

I don't have this issue on my computer, it is working as it should here...

I don't know if there is a conflict between the two apps, i don't know MCE Standby Tool

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom