MPstandbyHandler (2 Viewers)

User 04

Portal Pro
April 14, 2008
Home Country
Seems that there are some other problems on your machine. TVS can't be killed ?!?
This an error i never had on my machine. Can you set a delay of 60s before restarting the dvb cards...
Plz, test it...

I must admit that I did not look at the log, looked at other indicators in regard to the Tuner Cards.

Tried the 60s delay, as before, still does not work.

When I set Kill Immediately to False stops TVS successfully, set to True, does not.

afanasyev

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
Kazan
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
The Problems - MPstandbyHandlerService not started.Error 1053: Service has not answered the request in good time.

Mercbac

Portal Pro
March 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Just to report back on my previous post in this thread; I have now left the TVService out of the Suspend-tab, and put a "kill TVService", followed by a "start TVService" on the resume-tab and that works very well. So thanks for that tip Josch, I somehow overlooked that you can also stop the service on the resume tab.

PJ

Portal Member
September 22, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Home Country
Always Start MP on Resume Option?

Is there any way to make MP always start on resume? I've got the power button on my remote set to exit MP (closes to a black desktop with no icons or task bar), then the TV Server powerscheduler suspends after X minutes (2 or 3 I think).

This works fine for standby but on resume MPStandbyHandler won't restart MP because it wasn't running on Suspend.

I've had a look through the code from SVN and it looks like it may be a simple change to add a new Property to 'JobMediaportalStart.cs' called AlwaysStart, create a new string constant to represent the property and then update the 'SetDescriptions' and 'PrepareSepcialJobProperties' methods to implement the new value.

Once that has been done, an extra check in the 'Run' method as part of the first if would be needed to pass when AlwaysStart = true;

if (!test && !Flags.MediaportalRunning && !AlwaysStart)

I haven't had a chance to see if this all that is required to include the functionality, but if that's the lot then I can upload the changes once I've tried it out.

Cheers,

PJ

pmcguire

Portal Pro
November 25, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
Thanks for this plugin, can I make a request?
I would like to continue to use PVR Scheduler, would it be possible for you to create 2 executables.

1 to simply shutdown the tvserver, the other to shutdown and restart the tvserver.
I could then point PVRscheduler to these executables and the two programs would help each other out.

Having a really hard time getting a reliable standby/wakeup procedure.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Thanks for this plugin, can I make a request?
    I would like to continue to use PVR Scheduler, would it be possible for you to create 2 executables.

1 to simply shutdown the tvserver, the other to shutdown and restart the tvserver.
    I could then point PVRscheduler to these executables and the two programs would help each other out.

Having a really hard time getting a reliable standby/wakeup procedure.

Use following .bat files (and with extra you could use pskill to kill hung service).

"net start tvservice"

"net stop tvservice"

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there any way to make MP always start on resume? I've got the power button on my remote set to exit MP (closes to a black desktop with no icons or task bar), then the TV Server powerscheduler suspends after X minutes (2 or 3 I think).

This works fine for standby but on resume MPStandbyHandler won't restart MP because it wasn't running on Suspend.

I've had a look through the code from SVN and it looks like it may be a simple change to add a new Property to 'JobMediaportalStart.cs' called AlwaysStart, create a new string constant to represent the property and then update the 'SetDescriptions' and 'PrepareSepcialJobProperties' methods to implement the new value.

Once that has been done, an extra check in the 'Run' method as part of the first if would be needed to pass when AlwaysStart = true;

I haven't had a chance to see if this all that is required to include the functionality, but if that's the lot then I can upload the changes once I've tried it out.

Cheers,

PJ

Would be easier to add a property. Will do it.

PJ

Portal Member
    September 22, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Home Country

Cheers,

PJ

Thanks Josch, here's a copy of the changes I made to the JobMediaPortal.cs if it helps.

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Cheers,

PJ

Thanks Josch, here's a copy of the changes I made to the JobMediaPortal.cs if it helps.

I see you could wait for me to do it. :)
    So new version is out now.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi,

I have just noticed a "bug":

The MPStandbyService did not start up correctly. The problem was caused by my eventlog!
    The service has thrown an exception that eventlog is full and didn't continue.

Could you try {} catch {} this? It's a quite useless exception ;)

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom