[no Bug] MPStartIt Installed but not shown as such in MPEI (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have MPStartIt installed and it's not shown as incompatible in MPConfig, but it doesn't register with MPEI which doesn't show it under Installed Extensions.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    What is it you don't understand?

All of it. :confused:

Is the extension installed and working?

Which version of the extension do you have?

Did you install it using a MPEI file?

Did you install it before updating?

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    OK.

It was installed already (probably using an MPEI but I couldn't say for sure as it's been a while). The version is 0.0.4.0 (the same as shown in MPEI).

It's installed and shows in MP Config as compatible, however it doesn't seem to be working as it's set to start on the TV Guide and it's not doing that.

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    OK.

It was installed already (probably using an MPEI but I couldn't say for sure as it's been a while). The version is 0.0.4.0 (the same as shown in MPEI).

It's installed and shows in MP Config as compatible, however it doesn't seem to be working as it's set to start on the TV Guide and it's not doing that.

If you didn't install it using MPEI, then it won't show up in MPEI.

If it doesn't work, then that would be a problem with the plugin. Please report to the plugin author. Once you have done that, let me know and I will delete this thread.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    OK.

Ah, I didn't realise that. I thought it just showed all installed plugins.

If it doesn't work, then that would be a problem with the plugin. Please report to the plugin author. Once you have done that, let me know and I will delete this thread.

Of course it's a problem with the plugin, but equally MP Config and MPEI shouldn't be showing it as compatible if it's not, so I don't think you should delete this thread.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    OK.

Ah, I didn't realise that. I thought it just showed all installed plugins.

Of course it's a problem with the plugin, but equally MP Config and MPEI shouldn't be showing it as compatible if it's not, so I don't think you should delete this thread.

If a plugin provides compatibility information to MP that indicates that it doesn't use any of the subsystems which have been changed between 1.2.0 and 1.3.0Alpha, then the plugin will be reported as compatible.

There is simply no way that MP can do any more to ensure that a plugin is not using a subsystem that it doesn't report.

The bottom line is that you have a 3rd party plugin that isn't working. The compatibility manager is used to report incompatibilities, but it only works well if the plugin developer verifies that their plugin is compatible and sets the assembly info accordingly.

It could just be a bug in the plugin that isn't related to the compatibility changes. Either way, there is no benefit to having a thread here, since there is nothing to indicate that there is a MP bug.

Actually your logs show

Code:
    2012-07-11 09:30:13.250658 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: plugin: MPStartIt - starting...
    2012-07-11 09:30:13.252658 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: plugin: MPStartIt idToStart=0

Now this is a plugin I am unfamiliar with, but I suspect idToStart=0 refers to the home screen.

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I have installed this plugin, and it doesn't seem to work at all.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    If a plugin provides compatibility information to MP that indicates that it doesn't use any of the subsystems which have been changed between 1.2.0 and 1.3.0Alpha, then the plugin will be reported as compatible.

There is simply no way that MP can do any more to ensure that a plugin is not using a subsystem that it doesn't report.

The bottom line is that you have a 3rd party plugin that isn't working. The compatibility manager is used to report incompatibilities, but it only works well if the plugin developer verifies that their plugin is compatible and sets the assembly info accordingly.

OK, I didn't realise MP determined compatibility this way.

Actually your logs show

Code:
    2012-07-11 09:30:13.250658 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: plugin: MPStartIt - starting...
    2012-07-11 09:30:13.252658 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: plugin: MPStartIt idToStart=0

Now this is a plugin I am unfamiliar with, but I suspect idToStart=0 refers to the home screen.

It seems that this is due to the incompatibilty with 1.3A. If I set it to anything, on re-opening the config it's reset to Home.

I tried reinstalling it via MPEI just in case it was corrupted.

Anyway, I've reported the problem and hopefully cheezy will update it.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...mediaportal-with-specific-plugin.84578/page-7

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread