MPTagThat - The Mediaportal Tag Editor (1 Viewer)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now it only lacks one feature - detect/remove all "bad" files (Not only ronilse's Hip-Hop ;) but also those 15 year old mp3s with bad dynamics, etc). Unfortunately I have no idea how this can be done without massive cpu load to analyse each track in deep.

So, basicly by detecting bad dynamics it would delete all the today's new releases as those are mastered / compressed beyond anything that should be called music (especially Metallica's new LP is mastered for the new level :))

Correct - you got the idea :D

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    Great Tool thanks

If it could assemble playlists it would be perfect.

Would love to have a peek inside hwahrmann's collection, he is obviously a music lover (like myself)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    well, i could add a "Save as Playlist" to the Context menu of the "Player Playlist" and also to the Contextr menu of the grid itself.
    put it on my list.

kevin939

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for this it sounds really promising - I have been struggling with two taggers for a while - MP3Tag and picard with the last.fm plugin to get genre tags.

What would be nice is for this tools to use the last.fm resource to get tags BUT allow the user to limit the tags that could be used (after tagging lots of files I discovered some really really pointless/stupid tags that are polluting my genre tags)

Hope to try this at the weekend - next chance to access my live MP system :)

Thanks again

kevin939

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    i just managed to get time on my MP machine so installed the tagger.

Looks really great but when I tried to get tags from the internet it got very slow and I then noticed my firewall was active blocking access to 216.38.170.117:80 & 216.38.163.97. It claims is SOFTWARE WORKBENCH but "whois" claims its Mirror Image Internet. Either way why is this site being accessed?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I'm only accessing webservices.amazon.com in "Tag from Intenet"

"identify files" goes to ofa.musicdns.org and musicbrainz.org.

All of them have different IPs than you wrote above. will run the session in a sniffer and see if i find them as well.

kevin939

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    hi, the tagger is looking good and really like the idea of enhancing it with scripts. One fairly dumb question - how do I debug the scripts?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    good question.
    You can't debug them really. they're compiled externally and you just see the error in the log.
    I'll check, if there's a possibility, but don't think so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom