MPTagThat - The Mediaportal Tag Editor (1 Viewer)

kevin939

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
hi, I have been trying to get to the bottom of the odd address (216.38.162.97) that the tagger appears to access.

I stopped all of the things that could be accessing the internet and fired up the tagger. The blocker goes into action on the same address when the album is being identified on the internet and when the album details are being downloaded. Its NOT consistent. Some albums don't prompt it but many do. If I access the album details and then again alter it all works fine (no access) - even if I didn't save the album details.

What is odd is that the accesses being blocked dont appear to stop the tagger working - it just becomes very slow as each access is timed out.

Just gone through a load of albums and I think there may be a relationship between the address being used to access the internet and images associated with the album

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hi, I have been trying to get to the bottom of the odd address (216.38.162.97) that the tagger appears to access.

I stopped all of the things that could be accessing the internet and fired up the tagger. The blocker goes into action on the same address when the album is being identified on the internet and when the album details are being downloaded. Its NOT consistent. Some albums don't prompt it but many do. If I access the album details and then again alter it all works fine (no access) - even if I didn't save the album details.

What is odd is that the accesses being blocked dont appear to stop the tagger working - it just becomes very slow as each access is timed out.

Just gone through a load of albums and I think there may be a relationship between the address being used to access the internet and images associated with the album

I've run now a network trace to see what happens:

1. I'm accessing the Amazon WebServices, which is on: 207.171.166.98
    2. When clicking on a picture, it is retrieved from: ecx.images-amazon.com

The DNS query for the above address returns:
    ecx.images-amazon.com.c.footprint.net: type A, class IN, addr 205.128.69.125
    ecx.images-amazon.com.c.footprint.net: type A, class IN, addr 4.23.54.125
    ecx.images-amazon.com.c.footprint.net: type A, class IN, addr 192.221.115.126

and in my case 192.221.115.126 is used to retrieve the image.

So nothing bad is done.
    If you're still unsure i would suggest that you use Wireshark or something similar to see that everything is well on your side.

westy

Portal Member
    July 28, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This is outstanding! I've also been struggling with different tagger's, converters & encoders etc. It's got everything I need in 1 small package.

So I can tag & even convert some nice FLAC files to MP3 files that are good enough & small enough for me to use on my mobile while keeping the good quality for when I listen in MP! you've no idea how many hours I've wasted trying to do all the stuff. This BRILLIANT program can do it all in like 5 mins's lol I can now get back to enjoying my music again!

Thank you so much! :D:

richman2

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2007
    Great! Simply great!
    I searched that long for a tool like that! Great GUI!
    I have one suggestion. What's about a "filter" for sampler.
    For example I want to exclude all "Bravo Hits..." "The Dome..." maybe also "best of..." from album search.
    I would like to black list some samplers.

Just an idea
    rm:D

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England
    What an excellent tool this is, made it so much easier to rename/organise my mp3 collection :) One small comment is it possible to get the genre dropdown to be sorted alphabetically as not always easy to find the genre you want when editing an mp3 tag. Apart from that it works superbly!

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    What an excellent tool this is, made it so much easier to rename/organise my mp3 collection :) One small comment is it possible to get the genre dropdown to be sorted alphabetically as not always easy to find the genre you want when editing an mp3 tag. Apart from that it works superbly!

Sure. Currently i'm using the "official" order of the D3V1 specs, but it's probably better to sort them.

baeron25

May 7, 2005
    Thank you for this great tool. I'm also coming from ID3 Tag-It and there are only some minor things I miss. Is it possible to not save the absolute pathnames in a playlist (in ID3 Tag-It there was the option to use relative paths)? Also, it would be nice to preset the name for the playlist, so you don't have to type that in every time. I think that was done nicely in ID3 Tag-It). But again: great software!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom