mpTinoMediaServer beta (1 Viewer)

colgate

Portal Member
October 7, 2007
Hi, does it works in the latest svn version? I can configure the plugin and start MP but my upnp client don't find the server...

colgate

Portal Member
October 7, 2007
Yeah thats the version I'm using. And theres is no firewall or antivirus blocking any ports, because anothers upnp softwares work.
In the MediaPortal.log I found:

[Info.][MPMain]: Load plugins from : C:\Arquivos de programas\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\UPnPMediaServer.dll
[Info.][MPMain]: Assembly Version : 1.0.2712.41784
[Info.][MPMain]: PlugInManager.Start()
[Info.][MPMain]: MPTino uPnP Media Server Plugin Starting...
[Info.][MPMain]: MPTino uPnP Media Server Plugin Started!

Looks like it loads fine. but I dunno why I can find the server

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Check the exception/error log, maybe there is something in there.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Tried this out on RC2 and had many problems:
    1. It took 25 minutes to start even though I chose only MP shares. Does MPtino insist on building its own music catalog, instead of using the one already built by MP? If so, that may explain the long startup time.
    2. While MP was running with UPnP activated, I was no longer able to connect to my HTPC via Windows Remote Desktop (MSTSC). In fact, I wasn't even able to "ping" my HTPC by name. I don't remember ever having this problem before. I have painstakingly set up my XP MCE 2005 system with an RC Terminal Services installation to allow me to use TSC for maintenance via laptop without disturbing HTPC operation, so this is a must-have for me. I may have used a different name for the UPnP share this time than last time. Could that have an effect on the visibility of the HTPC in the network?
    3. MP (client) wouldn't start at all when I had the External Display plug-in enabled at the same time as MPtino. This is probably due to a problem with External Display, which I have reported in more detail here. Nonetheless, MP does manage to start (and the VFD even works correctly) if External Display is enabled without MPtino.
    Nevertheless, :D for all the good work!

Kaoh

Portal Pro
    September 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, thanks for trying.

1. it does build its own list, and it checks the ID3 info for each file, and thats why its taking so long to load. MP itself does not really build a database for us to tap into, it uses file navigation while you navigate. It is the way the core of the UPnP framework that was used works, and changing that will just be to much work. I might disable ID3 info gathering maybe. I have my mp3 collection all nicely setup using a special file name convetnion so that when I just replace _ with spaces it has all info aswell, so I may add an option for that, and that will dramaticly reduce the loading time.
    2. Thats odd, I never had such problems, so I am afraid I can not be of any assistence there. Try using a different UPnP broadcast name then your computer name, maybey they conflict.
    3. I do not have an external display setup, so I have no test possibilities for that, however that does sound weird. Maybe its the long loading time, and you just have to wait longer before MP shows up on that screen?

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi, Kaoh,
    Thanks for the quick response!
    1. it does build its own list, and it checks the ID3 info for each file, and thats why its taking so long to load. MP itself does not really build a database for us to tap into, it uses file navigation while you navigate. It is the way the core of the UPnP framework that was used works, and changing that will just be to much work. I might disable ID3 info gathering maybe. I have my mp3 collection all nicely setup using a special file name convetnion so that when I just replace _ with spaces it has all info aswell, so I may add an option for that, and that will dramaticly reduce the loading time.
    If MP itself doesn't really build a music DB, what is the 25 MB file, MusicDatabaseV10.db3, that MP spent a long time building when I told it to scan my music shares?
    2. Thats odd, I never had such problems, so I am afraid I can not be of any assistence there. Try using a different UPnP broadcast name then your computer name, maybey they conflict.
    Actually, I did have different names for the computer and for the UPnP share. Next time I will try naming them the same.
    3. I do not have an external display setup, so I have no test possibilities for that, however that does sound weird. Maybe its the long loading time, and you just have to wait longer before MP shows up on that screen?
    I waited a couple of hours in vain for MP's GUI to show up. Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it on the UPnP side. Obviously there is something worng with the External Display plugin.

:D again for all your great work on this project.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
    September 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, Kaoh,
    Thanks for the quick response!
    If MP itself doesn't really build a music DB, what is the 25 MB file, MusicDatabaseV10.db3, that MP spent a long time building when I told it to scan my music shares?
    Actually, I did have different names for the computer and for the UPnP share. Next time I will try naming them the same.
    I waited a couple of hours in vain for MP's GUI to show up. Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it on the UPnP side. Obviously there is something worng with the External Display plugin.

:D again for all your great work on this project.
    1. mmm, ill give that a look. Never seen that before ;) It may be worth trying to use it.
    3. Maybe there is some event order that breaks due to the long loading time of MPTino, try once with only an empty folder selected or something like that.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    The Upnp plugin causes the latest MP SVN to crash on startup. Logfiles attached.
    Disabling UPNP plgin allows MP start normally.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
    September 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I know it crashes when you have playlists with paths to non existing files, and your virus scanner may crash it.
    See if disabling your virus scanner on your music folders helps, else find the bad playlist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom