mpTinoMediaServer beta (1 Viewer)

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yeah its open source, and I did not have a final release yet ;) and it never was so I never did it also. But the source is included in the zip, just mind that it is added on added on stuff ;)

SpeedFreak

Portal Member
September 3, 2006
Haslev
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Yeah its open source, and I did not have a final release yet ;) and it never was so I never did it also. But the source is included in the zip, just mind that it is added on added on stuff ;)

Can't seem to find the source anywhere. Where is it available?

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
yeah this threath was a pre release preview for the fellow coders and interested. The official release thread and the official release was soem time later on.

SpeedFreak

Portal Member
September 3, 2006
Haslev
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
OK, I've now had a chance of looking through the source.

I'm not a C# developer and I'm probably wrong, but as far as I can tell, the original Open Lounge source appears to have been reverse engineered from something else - probably using Reflector. Not that it really matters right now, but if I'm right there might be copyright issues later on.

Since C# isn't my language of choice I've migrated all the source to Delphi, cleaning it up as I went along. I've managed to compile both modules, but have not gotten as far as trying to actually run them. I'll probably rewrite the plugin/GUI module completely before I attempt that.

The Open Lounge code uses V1 of the Intel UPNP library. V2 has since been released with support for DLNA 1.5. Once I've gotten the code up and running and developed a better understanding of the architecture, I'll try to migrate it to the V2 libraries - if feasible. Another thing on the nice-to-have list is a UPNP middleware abstraction layer, so the Intel library can be swapped with Microsoft's UPNP library if the need arises.

Now, IMO MP doesn't really *need* an UPNP server as there are several other solutions that can handle that very well, but it does need a UPNP renderer, so next on the list is a Renderer. I'll probably base it on Intel's sample code and whatever MP code I can find that shows how to render something in MP.

Right now I can't see any use of a UPNP controller in MP so I'll pass on that for the moment.

Those are my intentions. Of course, like those that have gone before me, I might just grow tired of it all and drop the whole thing on the floor.

P.S. The download page title says V0.4Beta, but the filename says V0.3Beta. Also, as far as I can tell, the source and the assemblies are not the same version.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I also do not know it was revers engeneered, I just added features and debugged in the finall step.
The source is of teh dll, the filename and upload version name was just a typo.
Can you direct me to the v2 stuff, ill see if I can compile it all with not to many changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom