MSLoopback Device for Singleseat users (2 Viewers)

onlylove1107

April 4, 2010
Home Country
Viet Nam Viet Nam
I followed the instructions above, excpet replacing the IP address suggested with 127.0.0.1. all very well, thank you much.

mhd292

Portal Member
April 24, 2010
i tried this and doesnt work. the picture is stuttering (ie starts and stops with the sound).

i replaced the ip with my LAN internet one, and know the picture doesnt work again, it gives me the same results, (ie stuttering and starts and stops).

can anyone help me please to fix this please?

mhd292

Portal Member
April 24, 2010
tried it several times for both.

BTW, in the guide, xp does not give the option for ipv4, i.e it is not on the list

what should i do now?

Schaeklovic

Portal Pro
March 27, 2008
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: MSLoopback Device for Singleseat users

I have a question about "loopback adapter" and "multiseat installation":

Primary i had a single-seat installation (rc2) with physical network address 192.168.2.101. For "backup watching" i installed the mp-client on my notebook - everything was going fine. I was able to watch TV on the "single-seat server" and on the Notebook-client.

Now i installed the loopback adapter and gave it the ip 192.168.2.100. In mp-server config, i changed the IP to the loopback adapter (192.168.2.100). After a reboot everything worked on the sever - i could watch tv.

Without a change on the notebook, i was able to connect to the mysql-db and see the epg - but i wasn't able to watch tv: There was no connect to the stream.

Now my question: If i change the streaming IP inside the server-config back to the physical network address of the server (192.168.2.101), i'm able to watch TV on both clients - the server and the notebook. Did this effect the stability of watching TV on the server? Or is the streaming ip only for use with real clients? Did a single-seated installation use the streaming-ip?

I know, it's a basic question of understanding how the single-seated installation is working. But if the ability of "streaming" isn't used inside a single-seat installation, my way may be a possible solution for many users, who only sometimes use a second client and wish to use the loopback adapter.

Maybe, it could be a build-in part of future releases.

Thomas

mhd292

Portal Member
April 24, 2010
i have attached my log files. these are the log files created with the local area connection that connects me to the internet.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Schaeklovic

Did a single-seated installation use the streaming-ip?

Easy turn of network\router, if still working then routed through the loopback adapter :)

Hopefully for MP2, this will never be needed regarding TV, especially if only recording.

Regards

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    mhd292

(ie stuttering and starts and stops).

I'm sorry, but what makes you think that is your network connection, can see your ip is now screwed up and chances are you will have to edit the address in MySQL to correct this, but as it shows 127.0.0.1 which should never be used as system reserved despite what some people think, you could try changing back to original.

Really really need to know how your pc\s are setup, what hardware is installed and the exact nature of what started you reporting a problem in the first place, ie stuttering tv (which has nothing to do with the MSLoopback Adapter), usually codecs and seeing you have Nero installed, need I say more (nero index manager Aaargh).

If you can give me the above info, will create new thread and move these posts to it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom