MSLoopback Device for Singleseat users (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Installing MP after TVServer is a no no, uninstall tvserver and reinstall again, keep default settings and you should not have to reconfigure, it will just overwrite the MP files needed.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Just read what I wrote, did not sound good :(

If you ever get into svn's they come as 2 installers, MP always goes in first, then TVServer, this applies the necessary files to Mediaportal itself to be able to connect to the tvserver component.

Think that sounds better than before :).

Cheers

DreamMaster

Portal Member
    June 9, 2009
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Dude, you rock!!! i re-installed the TVServer (worried my A** off that it would remove settings) but only had to copy in my xmlTV guide, load it, map the channels and copy the channel logos to logo dir, put in the TVServer ip and bang it worked!
    this confusion of having 2 places toset TV channels was driving me nuts!!! i having try to get channel blasting working forever and now it just works!

cheers

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    is this easy to do with mysql?

Also - is this a registered bug? Will the next RC not need this fix?

I would like to know this too - the requirement for SQL Server management studio express seems to imply this is for Microsoft SQL Server, whereas I use MySQL :D

Well, I've tried Microsofts SQL Server Management Studio Express - does not seem to with MySQL. So I tried MySQL 5 GUI tools and tried changing the server hostname to 192.168.2.1 - which just spat me an error. I can't work it out - if anybody can help with sorting this out under MySQL that would be much appreciated, sick of occasional recordings not working. Can't understand why a wireless network should cause such a problem when I'm only setup as a singleseat user - ridiculous!

spiderwheels

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Editing MySql

I also had to change this in MySql

Download and install the MySql GUI tools as you have done already

Run the MySQL Query Browser. Login using the following settings:
    ServerHost : localhost
    Username: root
    Password: MediaPortal
    (case sensitive)
    Schema: leave blank

Port: 3306 (should be set by default)

Ignore the schema warning

In the SQL Query Area type:
    select * from mptvdb.server;

Don't press return or enter. Instead click the green button with the lighning flash above.

You should see the server details appear in the bottom pane.

Click 'Edit' at the bottom of the screen. The button will appear selected. Double-click the hostname field and change it to the IPaddress you want (e.g. 192.168.2.1). Hit enter then click Apply Changes at the bottom of the field.

I didn't need to reboot after this but YMMV

That's it. You're done so exit the browser and perform the other steps.

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for that, works great!

Perhaps this info could be edited into the first post - instructions for MSSQL and MySQL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom