October 9, 2008
Kranj
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Hy,
that's exelent to hear.

Just quick brief of my ideas:
- Same channels to tune as in last.fm plugin
- Option to input artist and play similar artist (that's something i really miss at last.fm plugin)
- OSD in full screen which is visible for a x second when new song is loaded. It would be really cool if this osd would be extra skinable. So the result of this would be similar to any music video station which show track info at start and end of track. So it would look like totaly personal Music station. Also this should be easy editable to anyone. So you can totaly personalize it :)

I'm sure i had more of them but they are just stuck somewhere in my head and i can't get them out :) Will update this post if i remember something.

Is it posible to test curent version?

Regards, Tine

Eyep0p

Portal Pro
June 24, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I made a try with youtube+last.fm, good so far, hope i can make a working version about one week, so if anybody have any idea, pls post it

just googled around and found Music Videos

its working here in germany and you have much videos like on the mtv-site. i think because linking over google-cache.

the last.fm + youtube thing is cool but sometimes you only have "fake videos" with a diashow or something like that. thats uncool. dont know how good you are in coding. but in my opinion last.fm + videocure would be a better thing, because you get rid of the "fake musicvideos".

Hy,
that's exelent to hear.

Just quick brief of my ideas:
- Same channels to tune as in last.fm plugin
- Option to input artist and play similar artist (that's something i really miss at last.fm plugin)
- OSD in full screen which is visible for a x second when new song is loaded. It would be really cool if this osd would be extra skinable. So the result of this would be similar to any music video station which show track info at start and end of track. So it would look like totaly personal Music station. Also this should be easy editable to anyone. So you can totaly personalize it :)

I'm sure i had more of them but they are just stuck somewhere in my head and i can't get them out :) Will update this post if i remember something.

Is it posible to test curent version?

Regards, Tine

that all would be very cool. but as i said. you dont always get the right musicvideos on youtube. (i think so)

@doku: Maybe you can work together with the last.fm-plugin-guy :)

Tine

Portal Pro
October 9, 2008
Kranj
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
You have a point there, but

From my point of view youtube would be better becouse:
- Example that i gave few posts back works really good. I didn't get much fake videos. I guess if there's original video on youtube it is prety good chance that it will be first within result. Searching parameters should do huge job here.
- If there is no original video i would rather se something with right song than nothing
- I'm from Slovenia and i would like to listen Slovenia music also. On the site you posted i did quick search and didn't find any slovenian author. I think that's rule for a lot of small countrys.

Regards, Tine

Eyep0p

Portal Pro
June 24, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
You have a point there, but

From my point of view youtube would be better becouse:
- Example that i gave few posts back works really good. I didn't get much fake videos. I guess if there's original video on youtube it is prety good chance that it will be first within result. Searching parameters should do huge job here.
- If there is no original video i would rather se something with right song than nothing
- I'm from Slovenia and i would like to listen Slovenia music also. On the site you posted i did quick search and didn't find any slovenian author. I think that's rule for a lot of small countrys.

Regards, Tine

ok. you won! :D can't wait to see it.

rolls1400

Portal Pro
August 26, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Not to sound like im hating but can we keep this to the MTV Plugin thread?

Any chance we could get a shuffle option? Maybe a shuffle by genre or artist also?

dukus

Portal Pro
January 20, 2006
Home Country
Romania Romania
The MTV just changed, it is now posible to customize the player, so the problem with videos end , may possible to solve, i try to update the plugin to new version of api, in next two weeks.
But i think the audience for this plugin it is low thanks for limitation of most videos for USA & Canada

Eyep0p

Portal Pro
June 24, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Why don't support more than one musicvideo site? So the people can chose in config wich one to use.
(Thought you already make yahoo music videos)
Since the most video sites are based on flash it shouldt be so hard.

Example: My Musicvideos (contains yahoo, mtv, videocure, those last.fm-youtube-thing and so on) and the people can chose in config wich one they want.

dukus

Portal Pro
January 20, 2006
Home Country
Romania Romania
Why don't support more than one musicvideo site? So the people can chose in config wich one to use.
(Thought you already make yahoo music videos)
Since the most video sites are based on flash it should be so hard.

Example: My Musicvideos (contains yahoo, mtv, videocure, those last.fm-youtube-thing and so on) and the people can chose in config wich one they want.

Yes this is a idea, but this providers not use same api, or a similar api, so all end up with a unique start screen were the user choice the provider, maybe a mix up in playlists is possible. To use whit last.fm the yahoo and the mtv isn't suitable, in mtv a lot of videos are restricted, and the yahoo use ads and request limit per day anyway with youtube isn't easy too not all videos are embeddable and hope i don't find any other limitation....

rolls1400

Portal Pro
August 26, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I would suggest leaving this as just an MTV player for a few reasons.
1. There are already plugins that play from multiple sites.
2. The more sites that are in the plugin the more the plugin will become broken/ unmaintained.
3. Its nice to have a simple plugin that just works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom