Multiple monitor support please (1 Viewer)

Jean-Max

Portal Pro
October 20, 2004
FRANCE
Hello

In my Bi-screen PC, I tried the "Full screen" mode from the File / Change Device - Direct 3D settings
-> M-P fills well the primary screen but 2 problems :

- Black and White .. (???)
- Altered skin and ..no exit icon on the upper top right..

Have a look :

Bi_ecran2_MP_full_screen_(File_change_device).jpg

Jean-Max

Portal Pro
October 20, 2004
FRANCE
Hello

With the new skin "MCE05", the full screen mode, choosen from Config (and not from File / Change Device / Direct 3D settings / Full screen) , often fills well the primary screen, but not at every time :(
Then, with [Alt]-[Esc], it's possible to re-center the M-P window in Full screen on the primary monitor.. (The same with other skins)

Then M-P is OK, fully functional.

Bi_ecran4_MP_SkinMCE05_full_screen_(Config).jpg

So it's actually possible :
Primary screen -> TV or projector
Secondary screen -> Local HTPC screen

On the secondary screen it's possible to do setups, researchs in local PC, on local network, or on Internet, and so on ..

Actually, impossible to open M-P in FS mode in the secondary screen , but that would be a better thing in the future..

NisseGurra

Portal Member
December 12, 2004
Jean-Max said:
Hello

With the new skin "MCE05", the full screen mode, choosen from Config (and not from File / Change Device / Direct 3D settings / Full screen) , often fills well the primary screen, but not at every time :(
Then, with [Alt]-[Esc], it's possible to re-center the M-P window in Full screen on the primary monitor.. (The same with other skins)

Then M-P is OK, fully functional.

Bi_ecran4_MP_SkinMCE05_full_screen_(Config).jpg

So it's actually possible :
Primary screen -> TV or projector
Secondary screen -> Local HTPC screen

On the secondary screen it's possible to do setups, researchs in local PC, on local network, or on Internet, and so on ..

Actually, impossible to open M-P in FS mode in the secondary screen , but that would be a better thing in the future..

I can not get it fo function normaly with your tip. MP gets so slow if you use it on a secondary monitor with different resolution/NG

Jean-Max

Portal Pro
October 20, 2004
FRANCE
NisseGurra said:
I can not get it fo function normaly with your tip. MP gets so slow if you use it on a secondary monitor with different resolution/NG
I cannot open M-P in the second monitor in FS mode, only in the primary monitor..

With 2 different screen resolutions, no problem for M-P in FS on the primary screen.. and no speed problem for M-P

Tests on a PIV 2.8c 1g ram, XP home sp1a, Matrox Parhelia 128 bios 2.0-40, Last Powerdesk HF 1.8.0133 (=Driver no Whql, no DX9 but using Framework (it's not the '1.7 SE' Powerdesk driver)

NisseGurra

Portal Member
December 12, 2004
Jean-Max said:
NisseGurra said:
I cannot open M-P in the second monitor in FS mode, only in the primary monitor..

With 2 different screen resolutions, no problem for M-P in FS on the primary screen.. and no speed problem for M-P

Tests on a PIV 2.8c 1g ram, XP home sp1a, Matrox Parhelia 128 bios 2.0-40, Last Powerdesk HF 1.8.0133 (=Driver no Whql, no DX9 but using Framework (it's not the '1.7 SE' Powerdesk driver)

To run MP on the primary monitor and desktop on secondary, is not a good solution. The start folder and all windows opens on primary, so it not usable. Meedio and MCE2005 can open properly on a sec. monitor. I hope MP can do that soon 8)
/NG

Jean-Max

Portal Pro
October 20, 2004
FRANCE
NisseGurra said:
To run MP on the primary monitor and desktop on secondary, is not a good solution.
Yes, but actually, no other possibility with M-P :(
Have you, for testing, tried to select "Monitor 2 as Primary monitor" , in display properties ?

Zby

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
:idea: Why not using something like netremote (with Girder if no direct plug-in is possible) to control MP as now with IR remotes ... with some add-ons like feedback, more controls, etc...
Netremote and Girder are from the same company :!: http://www.promixis.com/products.php?section=netremote

Doing this way, it is possible to achieve all this on the second monitor (which could be touch screen if wanted), or simply on a PDA. :roll:

My 2 EuroCents, Henry-)

A

Anonymous

Jean-Max said:
A question : in your config., I think the HTPC is the server and the distant networked PC is the viewer ? OK ?
Thanks

I have a PC to work, where I can surf on the internet, play games .... and control my HTPC.
My HTPC is the server... I have videos, music and other things on it...
You can see the pics of my HTPC if you want...

. |
. |
. \/

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
We don't need a second PC, but support for a second monitor. No need for controlling from another PC. Why should we?!? It is possible, we just have to wait for a proper implementation. Or do it for ourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread