Multiple monitor support please (1 Viewer)

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Well, at least it won't ever come due to DirectX limitations... Sad, but true. :cry:

Zby

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
Am I wrong or this DirectX limitation has to be put in relation to a single application running on 2 screens??? That's why I proposed to implement NetRemote, to be able to run an interactive remote on teh second screen or ... on other PC, PDA... Such a bad idea? :cry:

My 2 EuroCents, Henry-)

PS: NetRemote is from the same company which makes Girder!

A

Anonymous

I am using 2 LCDs screen (2 Dell 1905fp :p ) on my PC... The goal was to use one of the 2 as a TV and the other as a pure PC....
So I hope that MP will support soon a FS mode on my 2nd monitor.

Pac

Jean-Max

Portal Pro
October 20, 2004
FRANCE
darrepac said:
I am using 2 LCDs screen (2 Dell 1905fp :p ) on my PC... The goal was to use one of the 2 as a TV and the other as a pure PC....
It's the same problem with one LCD and one HT Projector, from 2 VGA or 2 DVI outputs of the Graphic card.
Because VGA/DVI outputs seems always better than TV output, (and can reach high resolutions), as you, I wait for the real BS mode from M-P .

So I hope that MP will support soon a FS mode on my 2nd monitor.
Pac
Welcome to the Club :)
Patience; I understand that's a lot of work to do before ;)

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    and again,

Direct X applications using exclusive fullscreen mode are NOT supported by the graphics drivers to use the 2nd screen, It is NOT possible as we r that application!!!
    The only way is using mirrored or cloned mode.

This is in the drivers notes from nvidia for example.

Zby

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    ... so the solution is a second application communicating with the Media Portal Core software, no? In that case a quick fix could be to use NetRemote or be able to split MP into 2 part communicating? :roll:

Henry-)

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2004
    MrMario64 said:
    and again,

Direct X applications using exclusive fullscreen mode are NOT supported by the graphics drivers to use the 2nd screen, It is NOT possible as we r that application!!!
    The only way is using mirrored or cloned mode.

This is in the drivers notes from nvidia for example.

That's not a good and fine solution!

In clone-mode I can't work on the flat because MP is still in the foreground. In splitting-mode it works, but somethimes a few windows popping-up on the tv, that's not really what some people want when they speak about two screens!

It should be possible to set MP to the second screen, or somethimes all setup-screens of other applications will be shown on tv and that's not really fine.

In attention to your answer "this is not possible", why can I change the device in MP in every new session and why it will be shown on second screen (also in fullscreen) after doing that?

If I have understand your treat the "change device" should also not be possible because of direct x, but why is this working???

Is it possible, that the second screen solution is possible, but it is too difficult to load the settings if MP starts?

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    go ask these questions to the graphic cards makers.

THEY r the ones limiting this, NOT us....

again, the things I say r from the drivers notes from nvidia.
    It is simply not possible to run a direct x application using exclusive fullscreen on the secondary output.

If you have questions about this I refer you to:
    www.nvidia.com

A

Anonymous

Why do you mean by "exclusive fullscreen"? I am not an expert...
    If a not exclusiov fullscreen is possible what are the drawbacks?
    Furthermore, someone said "Meedio and MCE2005 can open properly on a sec. monitor"...so why not MP?

Users who are viewing this thread